• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 part of a US base during the Vietnam war.

Piet

Would like to make the entire scene, but that's too big,
For now i will stick to the bunker and gun pit..... it wont be exacly the same .
1.png
2.png

Got most of the parts and material i need,
Made a load of resin copies from the miniart fuel barrels filled with dirt, halve ones and complete ones and ammo boxes
( if i need more i can cast more )

Got corrugated sheets, PE Marsden plates, 2 part epoxy for the sand bags , a 105mm Howitzer , 5 sheet of old skool verlinden barbed wire ,
And some lecture on the subject,and of course the WWW .
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

3.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG

First i am building a howitzer so i can plan the size of it all

10.jpg

9.JPG

That's all for now .

Last edited:
That size is well within what Letterman builds. You could split it up into quarters and do it as 4 sections. This should be interesting Piet.

Very cool. I'll watch this with interest. Just a suggestion if this is too big, build it in 4 quads that can stand alone or if taken to a show can be joined together for the whole thing. Earth magnets hidden on 2 sides of each will hold it together when you want to display the full diorama.
James

This is the bunker layout.

I will built up the sandbags from ground level up (red line) .
Gave the entrance some detail if i decide to open the door.

Next is building one of the Howitzers .

If i have figured out the Size and shapes of the gun pit........the insane task of building up the sandbags will begin.
1.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG

Build the AFV 1/35 M102 howitzer almost straight out of the box , sprayed in Mr Hobby paint (just the base colors).
With this done i could start on the Gun pit .
a.JPG
b.JPG

Blue insulation foam board, cellulose clay for the ground texture and self casted fuel drums.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

The top of the drums (parapet) wil be covered wit sandbags made from Apoxie sculpt.
4.JPG

Last edited:
Air drying cellulose clay the better and more expensive kind from the arts and craft store here in town,
,had some problems with the cheaper ones (shrinkage)

Back