• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 part of a US base during the Vietnam war.

Finished and primed ,

1.JPG
a.JPG
b.JPG
c.JPG
d.JPG

3.JPG

If it's a concrete floor, it's doing one of the two things concrete is guaranteed to do, get hard and crack. If it's a dirt floor, guessing that crack will disappear. :peacesign2:

If it's a concrete floor, it's doing one of the two things concrete is guaranteed to do, get hard and crack. If it's a dirt floor, guessing that crack will disappear.
I Left the floor clean ,so i can cover it up with the same dirt that i will be using for the surrounding of the base ( so that it has the same texture )

Last edited:
Can't help you with info, but I like it too. Very distinctive. :ro:
Probably at Khe sanh,
Other say because of the antenna it might be on a hill (may be a relay station ?)
plenty op pics of Khe sanh but cant make out this shape .

It has a medieval look with the round tower structure and open top

Did a google search on the image and all I get is "archaeological site' with links to early history sites.

Also found this.
02 Jan 1968, Khe Sanh, South Vietnam --- 1/2/1968-Khe Sanh, South Vietnam- A soldier keeps watch outside the bunkers at Khe Sanh, one of the Marines' key bases in the northern portion of South Vietnam. --- Image by © Bettmann/CORBIS

Beautiful work as always Piet! Perfect model making! :notworthynotworthy:notworthy
I gotto ask the question though as this begs for it........why don't you make molds of these and sell lightweight casts of them online as Vietnam diorama accessories series. People would buy these no worries! It would pay you for all your work .

Ian.

Beautiful work as always Piet! Perfect model making! :notworthynotworthy:notworthy
I gotto ask the question though as this begs for it........why don't you make molds of these and sell lightweight casts of them online as Vietnam diorama accessories series. People would buy these no worries! It would pay you for all your work .

Ian.

My usual model company to whom i sold a few masters to in the past I offered these to him but he doesn't answer my mails back .(his loss)

I don't want the hassle of selling them my self ,i have it to busy as it is .

And i am not in it for the money ,i gave a way more than a few off my builds to fellow modelers here in the Netherlands.

I just like building

Any way .........really appreciate that YOU like my work,i only wish i have your painting and weathering skills ........ but you know that all ready

Maarten (aka Piet)

Last edited:
Did a google search on the image and all I get is "archaeological site' with links to early history sites.

Also found this.
Yes, definitely it is Khe Sanh, South Vietnam, thanks for the good people over on the .kitmaker forum
[1st Battalion, 26th Marines] Bravo Company command post and connecting trenches at Khe Sanh Combat base in March 1968
Sadly too much bags to make, even for me ...............:hmm:But boy it sure looks swell
a3b6a3efa23dced05852a48211d1cdd6.jpg
aa4e5ed751cf181197170112a7117dc670f2249e.jpeg

Back