• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 250/1 'NEU' A P C

Thanks MP & Luiz ..... the destructions don't give a link count .... :hmmm

On the color of this thing .... If It goes on my Eastern Front Dio ..... Panzer grey
..... or white ? ..... Don't think they would nave Yellow if located there .... But I guess they could have just transferred .....

Input ..... Input Need Input .... Gerry

h6f67faf.JPG

Ok .... I'm gaining ground on the Carpet Monster ..... New Addition to work Bench .... :hmmm

h58a3f6d.JPG

Cleaned more track links .... :woohoo:

h91bf5d7.JPG

h8fd0a91.JPG

I have all torsion Bars installed ..... :woohoo:

h8ace7b0.JPG

Lots Of Wheels to paint And this is just one side ...... Need Paint color ,,,,, Thanks .... :soldier

I can't answer about the color but think you're safe with grey. I'm sure someone has detail info. :popcorn

Thanks MP Cold & rainy Here ..... I'll ask the net .... I may get the aB out today is officially Bunker Day !!! :soldier

Thanks MP & Luiz ..... the destructions don't give a link count .... On the color of this thing .... If It goes on my Eastern Front Dio ..... Panzer grey ..... or white ? ..... Don't think they would nave Yellow if located there .... But I guess they could have just transferred .....

Input ..... Input Need Input .... Gerry

I wouldn't go for Panzer Grey,Gerry.Being a "Neu" version it would have most likely a Panzer Yellow base coat,with or without additional green and/or brown camo colors.Ofcourse a White Washes vehicle would be cool as well! ;)

Gr,Ron.

What german armor colors mean

Grey - Germany winning
Dark Yellow - Germany retreating
Sand - Desert (Winning and retreating)

Thanks Ron ..... Your comment made me goo n the net to check some things ..... Out I hadn't given any thought to Historical accuracy ..... so there were some of these across the river so to speak ....some of the commanders were Freiherr von Manteuffel & Karl Lorenz in May 1944 ..... This APC is going to be included with the Eastern front Dio .. Panzer Grenadier Division Großdeutschland .. that I' attempting to make so for accuracy I wanted to get the right colors as they were just crossing the river to the new place. I'm not much of a WWII war buff But I did want this Dio to be believable as there will be lots of people scrutinizing it and I've seen them at the shows ....... let's just say they cant' see the work for the mistakes .... which I would be trying to keep to a minimum ..... so greyish-green camo with some white brushed here & there .... it is .....

h4c2210c_2015-03-09.jpg

Box art ......

h1e5e93f.jpg

I'm thinking like this .....

What german armor colors mean

Grey - Germany winning
Dark Yellow - Germany retreating
Sand - Desert (Winning and retreating)

Ok Dave now I'm getting Input ..... from you now being banished to the Eastern front was considered a punishment of such .... in Hogan's Hero's ... so now if it is a river crossing to the new command post on the other side of the river (Eastern Front) would that be winning ??? advancing .... or retreating .... :hmmm

I believe that vehicle was a late war model and would have been the sand color probably with the green and brown camo colors.

The shape of the nose with the sharp angles and simple construction dates it as late war. The destruction sheet should give some dates and locations with the paint schemes.

Thanks guys for your input ...... very interesting !!! :woohoo: :hmmm (y)

Ok I think I've made up my mind ..... the Halftrack will be the color of the Box art ..... but I plan to place a P VI up on the hill guarding the river crossing it will be camo'd in the winter scheme I really like those colors ..... that way it would be the incoming and the already there I think ..... :eek:ldguy Oh I forgot the halftrack will be on the other bank waiting to cross the river ...... :coolio

This may help.
http://www.panzerworld.com/german-armor-camouflage

I would go with the German Yellow as a minimum. Cam would be applied in the field and red brown and or dark green would be used, with the whitewash in the winter. If doing the whitewash it would wear pretty quick.

Also it would depend on the unit how it was applied.

http://www.wehrmacht-history.com/heer/sd.kfz.250/sd.kfz.250-1-neu-leichte-schuetzenpanzerwagen.htm

James

Thanks James & Ed ..... I needed to make this believable ..... were there any commanders who were sent to the Eastern Front ??? ..... :unsure: :eek:hmy: :hmmm :eek:ldguy

Thanks James & Ed ..... I needed to make this believable ..... were there any commanders who were sent to the Eastern Front ??? ..... :unsure: :eek:hmy: :hmmm :eek:ldguy

I think Colonel Klink was ordered there several times but, always got a reprieve. And ol' Schultzie did too... :eek:hyeah

Well to tell the truth I thought I had misplaced a sprue .... but after counting them about 5 or six times ...... :eek:ldguy

h71989b5.JPG

I had to put little marks for every ten links ....... :eek:ldguy

ha8a79dc.JPG

So I have thirty treads done and there gonna need some more cleaning of gates & mold marks ....... just have 10 to go on this side ...... :soldier :eek:ldguy

Back