• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 250/1 'NEU' A P C

Swordsman

Howdy from Texas where it is cold and I'm holed up in the Bunker ..... :eek:ldguy

For this campaign I'll be building a 1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 250/1 'NEU' Armored Perrsonnel Carrier ..... My first venture into the Darkside ..... at the moment I'm restarting a build that got derailed awhile back.

h4c2210c_2015-03-06.jpg

Box Art ..... Dragon Kit No.:6100 1998 fairly old ..... :eek:ldguy

h613e0a5_2015-03-06.jpg

hf7162d0_2015-03-06.jpg

Previously I had cut these two parts off & cemented them together

heef1988_2015-03-06.JPG

ha661493_2015-03-06.JPG

h39c5a7a_2015-03-06.JPG

h62b281c_2015-03-06.JPG

New photos taken yesterday of the kit only the one bag opened .... by Me so long ago this APC will be part of my very large Dio called "Banished to the Eastern Front"

hd9f394b.JPG

This morning I started playing with the tracks ..... this is where the Dark side starts I Think ..... :eek:ldguy

h1ae5403.JPG

I also started with the suspension parts ..... for the tracks ...

he765078.JPG

The tracks are very tedious .... I will use James ideal of the bass wood strips this tape is too sticky .... :facepalm

C&C welcomed ..... Gerry

About 50 miles from Dallas North-East on I-30 in the town of Greenville, I reside in a old town called Cash, Texas .... 52 population ... I love the small city after living & working in Dallas for so long ....

About 50 miles from Dallas North-East on I-30 in the town of Greenville, I reside in a old town called Cash, Texas .... 52 population ... I love the small city after living & working in Dallas for so long ....

My Aunt and Uncle live in Flower Mound. You need to come to Squadron Eagle Quest in June. Some of us are going to be there.

B)

My Aunt and Uncle live in Flower Mound. You need to come to Squadron Eagle Quest in June. Some of us are going to be there.

B)

I use to live in Grapevine so I know Flower Mound well ..... I'll be at the Big Show I was there Last two years ..... I hope to have something worth entering in the models this year ....

h37ac0db.JPG

Thanks James for the link ..... This will work lots better ..... :eek:ldguy

h4ec8aea.JPG

And this part here is great for holding the Bits before you need them ..... I will need smaller tweezers .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Folks .... For checking in Here .... I had started this build about 6 years ago and I asked a question about how to put these tracks together ..... I never did get a answer so, I sadly put it back in the box until I could build them on my own ..... One thing I really love about this Forum .... When you ask you receive answers ..... (My best Elvis Text) ..... Thank you ..... Thank You Very Much !!! :notworthy (y) :soldier

If that tape is to sticky, there are 2 kinds of scotch double sticky tape. One with a yellow label that is fairly tacky and one with a yellow and blue label that is about as tacky as a post-it note. I use those a lot when building.

Also that flow can dump a LOT of solvent if you aren't careful. ( and I do mean DUMP!! ) An old pointy paint brush is what I use on small stuff like those tracks.

Yes I do .... the glass tube thingy is more or less for gluing long vertical edges like building corners .... I can't control the out flow of the tube on the tracks so I ended up using CA on a piece of glass that Paul suggested .... I use .... it will be a long way to Tipperary :soldier :soldier :soldier ..... :eek:ldguy

Ok I'm checking in Here .... I made some progress on my tracks .....

h2cd9393.JPG

I also managed to get some oft he torsion bars cleaned and put on the frame ....

h635c275.JPG

I have 20 treads done or Half track of a track ..... this is slow work for a newbie

h556a73a.JPG

Here's a close up of the Dragon tracks they are cast very well .... The Carpet monster nearly swallowed two of those little pads ..... :eek:ldguy :bat :fencing & won the battle .... this go around .... :soldier :eek:ldguy :soldier

Battle well Gerry, think you end up with some spares to feed the carpet monster. Looks good :soldier

Thanks MP & Luiz ..... the destructions don't give a link count .... On the color of this thing .... If It goes on my Eastern Front Dio ..... Panzer grey ..... or white ? ..... Don't think they would nave Yellow if located there .... But I guess they could have just transferred .....

Input ..... Input Need Input .... Gerry

Back