• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 WNW DH9a "Ninak"

Paulw

I am putting away all my ip[ builds to focus on this little jewel. All the reviews and personal suggestions say that this is a top of the line kit. We shall see. Anyway, I think I will do this in the USMC scheme. So far I like the way every thing is laid out and how smart the decals appear to be.
I dont know how far I will go with this as far as detail improvements or what type of rigging I will use but hey this is a first for me and I think I bit off a big chunk on this one.

Will watch with interest Paul. One thing I'd have to point out from experience and hearing about it, is stick to the directions, watch the sprue gates. Some of them are attachment points. Found out the hard way. Another thing is watch the paint as these kits are so precise one layer can put you out of alignment. They do go together well so dont let me scare you. As for rigging WNW has ez line in regular and flat and its awesome. Brit a/c use a lot of flat rigging. There are also PE rigging options out there. I have some from RD Productions if you want it.
James

Will watch with interest Paul. One thing I'd have to point out from experience and hearing about it, is stick to the directions, watch the sprue gates. Some of them are attachment points. Found out the hard way. Another thing is watch the paint as these kits are so precise one layer can put you out of alignment. They do go together well so dont let me scare you. As for rigging WNW has ez line in regular and flat and its awesome. Brit a/c use a lot of flat rigging. There are also PE rigging options out there. I have some from RD Productions if you want it.
James
Thanks James, I have been looking for that stuff, Yep the sprue gates go me too so Ill see how it goes and Ill get things set up.

Well all day and I only got to the pit floor and painted a seat back. I may need to add some more yellow as I am trying to replicate an older and worn seat.

:fencing

I think as I get more involved I will be able to be a bit more accurate on things like colors and such.

Really like the wicker so far. What did you use to do it? Floor is looking good also (y) (y) (y)
James

Really like the wicker so far. What did you use to do it? Floor is looking good also (y) (y) (y)
James
I used Walmart brand acrylics and mixed up a bunch then ran some Vallejo panel wash over it to fill in the voids.

Back