• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Going Dark

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Cockpit Almost Ready

I like the texture you got on the seat,what did you do?

Looks Very Good Joe ... If you don't watch your gonna become a model builder !!! :lol: (y) :pilot

Got to tell you MP, I do not remember. I pulled this out of the spares box and have not done anything to it yet for this build.

Gerry I doubt it. I still struggle through.

Joe

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..The Firewall

The final phase of construction is to work on the firewall and the engine area. The engine will be an entirely separate thing and will be covered while I install it permanently.

The firewall included a couple of tanks as well as a base for some plumbing and the throttle linkages.

Firewall-5_zpstg4wz3zb.jpg

Firewall-4_zpsrkuhogqf.jpg

Firewall-3_zpsfqmiwzgy.jpg

Firewall-6_zpsvg1r1bwo.jpg

And with it inplace in the fuselage.

Firewall-1_zpsnw9svlyo.jpg

Firewall-2_zpsybcpw0fp.jpg

Now I have also added just a few stringers for detail on the interior of the fuselage. Next for me will be to begin to paint.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Prep and PAINT

Ok folks I have reached a point where it would be advisable to start the paint work.

All the prep work is done, I think. Bulkheads are installed, with the exception of the forward most as they need to be removable yet. The little bits and pieces are prepped for paint. The tail wheel assembly is in place.

Prep-1_zps5a3tw6za.jpg

Prep-3_zpsu6lzwtxe.jpg

Prep-2_zps1e1llokk.jpg

Prep-4_zpskvdz8fgt.jpg

Paint was sprayed starting with a flat black base. I wanted to try something a bit different and changed midstream to putting a coat of Model Master Aluminium Plate on then I sprayed the interior colors. I did however forget to take pictures of that. I wanted to see if the Aluminium changed the Interior Green and the Yellow Zinc Chromate. It did but not so much as you would really see it.

Paint-1_zpss5atcey1.jpg

Paint-3_zpszag7cvp5.jpg

Paint-2_zps7wmtftgy.jpg

I also began to paint and detail paint the interior pieces.

Cockpit-11_zps1dspoqyq.jpg

Cockpit-12_zpszjy6gcmn.jpg

That is where it stands at the moment. Now the challenge will be to work on the firewall more and on to the engine work. I am choosing to not install the bits and pieces as of yet as they could break free during the process and I do not want to lose them.

Joe

1/32 Trumpeter P-40B..Engine Compartment

Update time:

Engine compartment and Engine work.

The engine is the kit parts, added are hoses and such.

Engine-Compartment-7_zps4bedpuor.jpg

Engine-Compartment-9_zpst4culium.jpg

Engine-Compartment-8_zpsqowyrzpi.jpg

The firewall.

Engine-Compartment-6_zpsetjfu4qw.jpg

Engine-Compartment-5_zpsu4akwhwm.jpg

With some additions.

Engine-Compartment-3_zpseisf8a1i.jpg

Engine-Compartment-4_zps6jvwrsc6.jpg

And just how much will you actually see when done???

Engine-Compartment-2_zps1x50csjn.jpg

Engine-Compartment-1_zpswvjscgsy.jpg

Well not much really. Again this is not 100% accurate. Some issues occurred during the process and some things did not get installed. Maybe the next time.

This took a while so my goal was not reached. I had hoped to get this weathered but that did not happen. Also I have not finished the exhausts yet. That will have to wait till the next update.

Joe

Back