• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109 E-4

Hang in there Paul ..... We all have slumps in our building .... Like this thread I thought I had ......Posted I know I've looked at it .... I'm just really busy lately ..... Your doing a Bang up Job as far as I can see Thanks for Sharing ..... :eek:ldguy

So glad to see you are building another 109 Paul, its looking great so far! :good:

Matrixone

Thanks Les but I think I may have to change planes again because some pieces like one of the guns and three exhaust stubs decided to go for a party some where in the fuse. I still have a couple of Messerschmidts in the stash. A 24 scale G-10 and a 48 Bf-110 and I still have the 32 G-10 also.

I am bound and determined to finish a campaign this year even if it's one of Chef's Gundam kits.
I may, however, just buy another E-4 and go that way, I don't have one of those in my display.

Same thing happened to me on the IL2 Paul, I got froggy one day and got some tweezers and went fishing, got all sorts of contorted around trying to rattle that exhaust stub around and into position. I couldn't pull it all the way out but just enough to get it lined back up and ran some CA in there to get it secure again.

If that failed, I was thinking of cutting out a panel with the JLC saw, fish it out and replace the panel. If you haven't painted yet, that might be easier.

Nah, I talked to Chef today and he suggested I go bigger. 1/24 G-10. Basically the same kit just bigger size and some different shaped parts.

So glad to see you are building another 109 Paul, its looking great so far! :good:

Matrixone

Thanks Les but I think I may have to change planes again because some pieces like one of the guns and three exhaust stubs decided to go for a party some where in the fuse. I still have a couple of Messerschmidts in the stash. A 24 scale G-10 and a 48 Bf-110 and I still have the 32 G-10 also.

I am bound and determined to finish a campaign this year even if it's one of Chef's Gundam kits.
I may, however, just buy another E-4 and go that way, I don't have one of those in my display.

Same thing happened to me on the IL2 Paul, I got froggy one day and got some tweezers and went fishing, got all sorts of contorted around trying to rattle that exhaust stub around and into position. I couldn't pull it all the way out but just enough to get it lined back up and ran some CA in there to get it secure again.

If that failed, I was thinking of cutting out a panel with the JLC saw, fish it out and replace the panel. If you haven't painted yet, that might be easier.

:eek:hmy: I hope I don't have that problem with my Il2!! :unsure:

It's pretty easy to do Eddy, if you use the resin aftermarket stacks, and not enough CA, and hold the build by the nose when you're trying to wrestle something else in place it'll pop right off. If you make all the mistakes I made, it's really easy. :rotf

It's pretty easy to do Eddy, if you use the resin aftermarket stacks, and not enough CA, and hold the build by the nose when you're trying to wrestle something else in place it'll pop right off. If you make all the mistakes I made, it's really easy. :rotf

Ahh, sounds like I'm safe. I'm building oob :good:

Paul,
Sorry you had a setback with this one, perhaps you can locate some aftermarket exhaust stubs and use them? It would be a shame to stop work on this model after all the work put into it thus far.

Matrixone

It's sitting in the hangar with the other G-10 but the B.A.B. is coming along nicely. I should be able to get back to it soon. We had another death in the family, Linda's uncle who used to build B-47s here in Tulsa and did extensive work on the Apollo program for North American Rockwell, The last thing he was working on before he retired was the B-1.

Back