• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Tamiya F4U 1A

Well I did solve the wingy thingy, Paul and I got her all done. I went to take pics and now my SD card wont accept the pics so I tried to format it and now I have to get a new one. I also found out that my canopy for this bird went UA or AWOL and I have searched the entire modeling area and the trash only to find it not there so now I have to locate a substitute. Oh well that's life.

Well I did solve the wingy thingy, Paul and I got her all done. I went to take pics and now my SD card wont accept the pics so I tried to format it and now I have to get a new one. I also found out that my canopy for this bird went UA or AWOL and I have searched the entire modeling area and the trash only to find it not there so now I have to locate a substitute. Oh well that's life.

Sorry to hear about the SD card and canopy. Have had cards go bad before or develop a bad spot where they won't accept any more data than x amount. Currently am using PNY 4 gig cards and have not had any problems with them, plus they weren't that expensive. I never keep photos on the cam for long so these cards get a lot of load and unload.

As to the canopy, wish I could help, but no way to do so.

I have read numerous places that Tamiya will sell sprues from their kits, since it's not all that big the clear sprue I wouldn't think would be that expensive.

I have read numerous places that Tamiya will sell sprues from their kits, since it's not all that big the clear sprue I wouldn't think would be that expensive.

I've ordered sprues from DML, Italeri and Tamiya.

Tamiya was the only one that charged for it and it was ridiculous. It was years ago, but they smoked me for over $50 for a 1/16 Tiger cupola.

DML sent out a relacement sprue quickly, no questions asked.

Italeri required me to send them the UPC from the box on their 1/35 Vospers MTB before sending out a sprue, so the process was slow.

I can either get one from Revell or an old 21CT one either way that is way cheaper than the Taniya route

I found a donor canopy from a Trumpeter kit. I is much bigger than the Tamiya one but it still suffices.

Back