• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Tamiya F4U 1A

Not Too shabby for a guy from Okie-land ...

Hey I resemble that remark you . you . . Texan! :D

Just cause I live in Memphrica doesn't mean I are one. My roots are in Okie land! :tomato

Gotta say that livin in Texas would have big advantages over livin in Memphrica.

Keep up the good job there Paul I REALLY LIKE IT! :popcorn

Not Too shabby for a guy from Okie-land ...

Hey I resemble that remark you . you . . Texan! :D

Just cause I live in Memphrica doesn't mean I are one. My roots are in Okie land! :tomato

Gotta say that livin in Texas would have big advantages over livin in Memphrica.

Keep up the good job there Paul I REALLY LIKE IT! :popcorn

Why Memphrica is just across the river from Texas ... I guess since My Mom's a Okie I can joke either way ... But I root for Texas during the Game ... I like what you did with your ribbons Paul, I've been thinking of doing something like that but I only have the two ribbons ... now nuff derailing unless the other Paul ... wants some of this ... Texas Bashing ... :bat :bat :bat

n two days I managed to finish the engine, install it on the fuse, install the turtle deck and assemble the inboard wing sections. Man this is a sweet kit, I may just spring for another later. As always with these type of kits, there are a lot of detail that is lost inside the assemblies so I forgo painting anything unless it is seen.I found that the engine is so much easier to assemble and looks better than most Trumpeter ones especially with that big gap between the cylinder banks The only issue I had was with the seat belts. The just wouldn't conform to the seats properly so I think that will call for a pilot at a later date.

One of the things I did notice is the turtle deck didn't fit flush on the real part of the fuse so you may have to use some sprue as a bit of shoring to spread it just a bit wider to line up flush with the panels.

Just like their Spit I am building for the Anzac Group. Very detailed and goes together like a dream. Beautiful job so far.....Cheers mark

Have thought about building one of these and you are doing a mighty big arm twist there Paul! Looking real nice my friend! (y)

If you guys are going to buy one of these kits go through Lucky model. 82.00 plus shipping

In that case, may not have to wait till payday.

Woops...I see the Birdcage one for $125. Guess they charge extra to get down our dirt roads around here. :facepalm :rotf

buy both, they're cheaper that way and with the bird cage you could do a yellow wing jobbie with NMF fuse... :rotf :rotf :rotf

It has been a busy couple of days this weekend. After all the chores Ma wanted me to do I had a chance to get back to work on this corsair. This is the most enjoyable kit I have done so far. It is hard for me to believe the engineering that has gone into this kit and how well it assembles. I spent yesterday afternoon and this afternoon on the main gear and finally have them installed in the wing section, the only difficulty I had was my fumble fingers but I overcame that and will start the outer wings tomorrow after I do some white for the underside. I have some Vallejo white surface primer and that works wonders for this purpose.

I have to say that this is the first time I ever really finished the complete LG on any kit of this quality. All of the break lines and gear mechanism with out much fuss.

Looks fantastic Paul. The oleo's look very compressed, is that the only way they are posed or do we have options?

Very nice landing gear Paul but I echo Bob's feelings on the strut compression.

Actually, not at all.

corsair04.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back