• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Tamiya F4U 1A

That's some serious detail, I may look closely at one of these in the future.

Beautiful work.

Does the kit include the rods that were used to stabilize the wings when they are folded? If so, could you measure one for me? I'm going to need to scratchbuild a set for the 1/72 and have had no luck trying to find the length online. The only pics I have found of them are partials so I can't do a comparative measure of a photo. I assume Tamiya did the proper research. B)

That's some serious detail, I may look closely at one of these in the future.

Beautiful work.

Does the kit include the rods that were used to stabilize the wings when they are folded? If so, could you measure one for me? I'm going to need to scratchbuild a set for the 1/72 and have had no luck trying to find the length online. The only pics I have found of them are partials so I can't do a comparative measure of a photo. I assume Tamiya did the proper research. B)

I will have to find those stanchion dimensions for you, they are in here some where.

I have the outer wing panes almost completed and I may have gotten a bit ahead of my self in the painting. I think the Dark blue, Vallejo intermediate blue 71.005 may be close3 if not a shade dark and the lighter blue was mostly some what of a mixture I tried to match but no go. The port wing panel is a good bit tighter than the starboard one but they may need some careful sanding for the fit.

There is too much humidity in the air here today so the paint just doesn't want to cure as quickly as it usually does. For the painting I am using a Sparmax SP 35. This is a real good brush but a bit too small for some good coverage so I think I will get a cheapie one that has a larger spray pattern.

Excellent Job Paul ... Nice Kit ... I'll have to get one of these after I finish ... Mr. T's class room ... Very nice engine work ... this kit looks like aftermarket is included with the Kit .... :salute :salute :salute

I spent most of the day yesterday working on the out board wing sections getting the decals to settle in. The decals are way better than their older stuff but they are still kind of thick, even so they respond well to setting solution. I then put the wing sections on and found a small gap but that is just an annoyance which a small bit of plasti-weld will take care of.

It's just tuggin' at me....:bang head

That's the one thing I don't like about the optional wing fold on any kit, they should offer us solid wings if we don't do the wing fold.

Still looking very good Paul ... Great job ... sorry for the wing trouble ... I know you can make it right though ... :pilot :popcorn :pilot

Back