• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Me 163

Up at 0 Dark 30 this morning and figured I should do some more while I had the chance. Got tail almost all together. Some external panels and fillets. It is possible to attach the retracted uncovered tail wheel on after assembly so I left it off for ease of painting. Started the engine. Man oh man it is full of tiny parts and small joins. Very trying for me personally. I stopped when my hand was too numb to hold anything any more. I'll bet it would look awesome in the hands of a talented modeler.

DSC03852.JPG

DSC03853.JPG

DSC03854.JPG

DSC03855.JPG

DSC03856.JPG

So thats were I am so far.

James

Bit done today. Got some painting done. Now its packed away to go to a model meeting tonight. I didnt do a lot on the interior because it will all be buttoned up on this one. The cockpit side of the rear windows is just primed in RLM 02./ Will paint RLM 66 later.

DSC03857.JPG

DSC03858.JPG

DSC03859.JPG

James

Well up again at an ungodly hour and this is were I am now. Tail just pressed on, not glued yet. Have some filling and cleaning to do before I carry on. Now that I see how this goes together my second one should be better. Really really like this kit.

DSC03862.JPG

DSC03861.JPG

DSC03860.JPG

James

Thanks Chuck. I can only imagine what it would look like in your hands though. I think you should do one :evil: :D
James

Thanks guys. I am enjoying this kit. If anyone else is building in step 13 panel A3 has to go in before you glue the fuse together. I didnt and it wont go in after the fact. Panel A2 will go in afterwards though. The ammo chute is kind of wiggly and I thought maybe I did something wrong, but it gets trapped by the fuselage halves and becomes a nice steady fit. Make sure you line up the "wheel" well or it can become offset. I didnt and had to trim it some afterwards. Thats was okay because I was putting the skid on in the retracted position. If you buy the Master barrel and pitot tube be aware the Mk 108 barrels would need a blat tube made for them anyways, so I didnt install them. The kit barrels look okay. The only thing that confuses me is the blast tube is angled outboard (_|) while I would think it should be angled inboard (|_). I have to look at more pictures. I tried swapping the guns around, but they wont fit that way. From what I have read the Pitot tube is a late model style from Master. I dont know what the difference is though. A big thing for me at least is take you time and align everything the best you can. If not the fuse halves dont fit well.

Just realised I haven't checked-in-on this build at all, James.... My bad !!

Cracking-on with this build very nicely. Looks sharp.

Ian

Great work on this little gem. Although in 1/32 it's not that little.

This thread gives me a new appreciation of the yarbles it would take to strap yourself into something like that.

Back