• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 BAe Hawk T1

Lots of sub-assemblies with this one, intakes, bulkheads, gear bays not to mention the multi-part cockpit and each seat is a minor kit in its own right !!

This one is definitely going to keep me busy/interested.

Ian.

Well now that you have a bigger place to work on it ... I'm glad you picked this one back up Ian ... looking very good & big ... :captain :pilot :coolio

Was going to simply paint the IP's and all the details myself as they are so big and I still have a fairly steady 'brush hand'. However, just been looking at a build of this kit over on LSP and the pre-painted ones that one of guys has used are simply unbeatable, so...

h64a0f9f.jpg

...I've ordered a set, hopefully they'll be here in a week or so, stand-by.

Ian.

Not really Dave, it's just that you can see EVERYTHING through that vast canopy !!

Ian.

Six wee items arrived from Hannants this morning, all of them for ongoing 'Campaign' builds - for this one:

h74a3472.jpg

A Master turned brass pitot and Kuivalainen pre-painted etch IP's - made by Eduard, and identical (almost) to the ones in the UK Hawks. So this build will be back on to the bench this week.

Ian.

Painted the internals the 'appropriate' grey - well. close enough !!, then sanded and cut off all the lovely raised detail from the IP's & consoles:

h63587de.JPG

haea8641.JPG

hf0e6552.JPG

Then took a very deep breath and glued all the pre-painted etched goodiness.... Mmmmm :love

h884d7a0.JPG

h3f716ab.JPG

Next, seats, so stay tuned folks.

Ian.

:blush: Wow... tough room !!

Nevermind, some self explanatory pics from todays efforts:

h4a20819.JPG

All the 'innards' painted and 'welded' in to the right fuselage halves and been left for a couple of days to really harden.

h183486d.JPG

hc37df20.JPG

hd0b02c4.JPG

Appropriate congrats and 'attaboys' to Revell, it all fits together perfectly. In these photos, the wings and stabilisers are just pushed in to place. All looks very tatty just now, but that will all even out after a couple of PSR sessions and the first primer coat.

Stay tuned - assuming you're still out there :idonno

Ian.

Back