• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/25 Jon boat

Gator

I can't believe I found this in my shop! It's a 1/25 jon boat, or aluminum boat, camouflaged for duck hunting in the marsh. I got plans to build a real one an scaled them down to 1/25. The camouflage is airbrushed using some of the hardest to make and weed paint masks that I ever made. I don't know how I will display it. I need to find an engine for it. The resin one I have has a broken prop. I can't believe I found it. I thought it was gone after we lost the house in Hurricane Laura.

Jon boat1.jpeg

Jon Boat2.jpeg

I had a buddy that had one with a 25hp motor on it and a tiller in the floor for steering. He'd get that thing skipping over the water and throw the tiller to the deck, that thing would spin on it's axis and throw the rider out of he wasn't holding on. Ask me how I know...oh to be so young and dumb again. :rotf

We now have an outboard motor! It will need some clean up and new blades for the prop. I’ll scratch build the transom mount. I’ve also been looking at photos of trailers and with a little planning I should be able to scratch build one.

IMG_0396.jpeg

Back