• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 UH-1

Paulw

I have two weeks to finish this build for the Military Museum in Broken Arrow. I did one of these kits before and it didnt turn out this nice. As an old Revell/Monogram kit it sure has its flaws and although it is not much of a battle I do have some work cut out for me. I have the innards finished and did some color variation on the padding in the back. I also removed all the nasty chrome that was plating parts that I needed. I soaked it in bleach and the chrome went away but the under primer (shiny surface) still needed to be scraped.

Here are some of the pics of the in progress build. I should have the fuse halves all sewn up tomorrow.

Those guys always looked weird to me but I guess closed up it won't be so bad. I got this kit, going to do it sometime but i want to really upscale the IP and consoles. A lot of potential there. I know you'll make it Paul, good luck! :good:

I am almost done here and then I can take a sigh of relief. I think it is turning out ok for the exceptions of a couple of things. This isn't supposed to be a contest model. I tried out the Tamiya acrylic transparent green and am fairly satisfied with the results though you cannot see them in the photos.

I am calling this done. I will give it to the fellows that are in charge of the museum tomorrow evening.I do hope that they like it.

The End.

Back