• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Tamiya Mitsubishi Montero!

The big panel coverings are usually called cladding. Trim usually means smaller bits like around windows, door rub strips, or fender trim.

That's looks like a pretty cool kit. May have to go dig mine out to see how similar it is. I don't believe mine has the grille guard or aftermarket wheels. I ended up buying the kit because I was looking for an actual Montero at the time, before I ended up with the Jeep.

Thanks Bob!

All I did so far was spray the interior of the body black and the underside of the front hood. I was waiting to get some more Tamiya masking tape to mask off the body and now that I have it, should happen soon!

So, I got the lower cladding taped off and ready the other day

IMG_4146.JPG

Then stuffed the body with some Air conditioner filter to keep the blue paint out.

IMG_4147.JPG

I'm using a Tamiya spray bomb for this, Metallic Blue, and it has worked fine so far on the undercarriage but of course when I sprayed the body I had a couple small runs on the sides. Shouldn't be too much to fix, I'll just sand them down a bit and re-shoot it.

I should have tried decanting it and then using the air brush but I've never done that before and never really had a spray can run.

I took the week off to get a few things around the house done and to have some modeling time.

Was back on this one this morning and am very close to finishing it up

Got the body done, added the trim details and small bits and gave it a clear coat.

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

painted the glass

IMG_4269.JPG

after the clear and mounting the spare tire. Almost there!

IMG_4270.JPG

the brush bumper! next round of pics she'll be complete!

IMG_4271.JPG

Back