• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/144 Micro Stukas (Finished under the wire)

1/144 Micro Stukas (New Photos 2/12)

Tonight is paint details on plane #2. Then flat coat both and paint Black green on parts of the canopy. Then weathering and attach painted canopies. Since I have no internet at home it will have to be a date code photo finish, but should be finished in time. :frantic :D

Tonight is paint details on plane #2. Then flat coat both and paint Black green on parts of the canopy. Then weathering and attach painted canopies. Since I have no internet at home it will have to be a date code photo finish, but should be finished in time. :frantic :D

Sure Paul, we'll give ya that lea way now git'er done! :frantic :drinks :bat

Got-r-dun! With no ready internet on the weekends I had to date code it. (uploading a McDonalds now) These little beasts were a challenge, but learned some stuff too which is why I bought them in the first place. So on with the show and here's the photos.

MMMStukas-13.jpg~original

MMMStukas-14.jpg~original

MMMStukas-15.jpg~original

MMMStukas-16.jpg~original

MMMStukas-17.jpg~original

MMMStukas-18.jpg~original

MMMStukas-19.jpg~original

MMMStukas-20.jpg~original

MMMStukas-21.jpg~original

MMMStukas-22.jpg~original

MMMStukas-23.jpg~original

MMMStukas-24.jpg~original

MMMStukas-25.jpg~original

MMMStukas-26.jpg~original

MMMStukas-27.jpg~original

There they are. Plenty of problems to solve, plenty of new and old tricks to try. They came out quite well for what they were, but I was wishing I had done the little He111 instead about halfway through.

Hope you like em! :D

Wow, that masking alone must have been a job in itself! Did you mask the canopies or do them freehand?

they look fantastic Paul, great work!!

(y) (y)

The canopies were actually freehand. (in a way) The framing was actually grooves so I painted it in and with a toothpick the excess was scraped away. Then touched up and scraped some more. The Vallejo primer seemed to attach fairly well and covered quite nicely. Gave a good impression and look for the framing.

Got-r-dun! With no ready internet on the weekends I had to date code it. (uploading a McDonalds now) These little beasts were a challenge, but learned some stuff too which is why I bought them in the first place. So on with the show and here's the photos.

MMMStukas-13.jpg~original

MMMStukas-14.jpg~original

MMMStukas-15.jpg~original

MMMStukas-16.jpg~original

MMMStukas-17.jpg~original

MMMStukas-18.jpg~original

MMMStukas-19.jpg~original

MMMStukas-20.jpg~original

MMMStukas-21.jpg~original

MMMStukas-22.jpg~original

MMMStukas-23.jpg~original

MMMStukas-24.jpg~original

MMMStukas-25.jpg~original

MMMStukas-26.jpg~original

MMMStukas-27.jpg~original

There they are. Plenty of problems to solve, plenty of new and old tricks to try. They came out quite well for what they were, but I was wishing I had done the little He111 instead about halfway through.

Hope you like em! :D

Great job Paul, way to get'er done! (y)

With two fine models completed, and then uploaded at work, your name is added to my hero list. Well done, Paul. (y)

With two fine models completed, and then uploaded at work, your name is added to my hero list. Well done, Paul. (y)

I actually did the upload at McDonalds on Sunday. I just date coded the finish as if I were starting the build. If it is good for the start, it should be good for the finish. B)

Many thanks for everyone's praise on these. They ended up being quite a bit more challenging than I originally thought they would be. While I am pleased with how they turned out, I know my paintwork still needs some more experimentation and practice before I am happy with it and it is up to the quality of the models I see built on this forum. :blush:

Many thanks for everyone's praise on these. They ended up being quite a bit more challenging than I originally thought they would be. While I am pleased with how they turned out, I know my paintwork still needs some more experimentation and practice before I am happy with it and it is up to the quality of the models I see built on this forum. :blush:

One thing I have learned, we are our own worst critic when it comes to our own builds since we know the flaws are there beneath the paint which others don't see... :drinks

Back