• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/144 Micro Stukas (Finished under the wire)

Heavens Eagle

Should be right up my ally eh!

Here is my go on it!

MMMStukas-01.jpg~original

Should be a Build then Paint. Ha! I am sure there will be something come up that I ca't stand not changing. :geek

Enjoy! :beer

1/144 Micro Stukas

Worked on the Stuka (one of them) over the weekend. These little models are not for the faint hearted or the newbie.

Issues that could have been made easier were:
-No alignment pits in the control surfaces that attach to the back if the wings.
-No pits for the location of the foot steps on the rear fuselage.
-No pit for location of the radio antenna on the canopy.
-No mark for where the pitot tube goes on the wing.
-The PE for the elevator bracing should be angled left and right to really fit the model correctly.
-The landing gear have to be beveled to fit into the location on the wing. (too big for the hole)

All of the locations for mounting the little PE parts are supposed to have a small hole drilled for the part, which isn't really a problem except for no locating marks.

On the positive they give some extra of the micro PE parts in case one gets grabbed by a Gremlin and vanishes.

Many issues with poor parts alignment and poor mold alignments when the parts were being molded. A small mold misalignment wouldn't even be noticeable in a larger scale, but in this scale it can be a deal breaker.

Pictures soon!

1/144 Micro Stukas

As there are 2 in the kit I am building them both. #1 is assembled and ready for paint. #2 is in process and is going a little easier as I know the problem areas and know what to do. Still a cantankerous kit though.

1/144 Micro Stukas

Time for an update. One plane is assembled to painting point, the second is in process.

And now for some photos.

MMMStukas-02.jpg~original

MMMStukas-03.jpg~original

MMMStukas-04.jpg~original

MMMStukas-05.jpg~original

MMMStukas-06.jpg~original

MMMStukas-07.jpg~original

MMMStukas-08.jpg~original

MMMStukas-09.jpg~original

MMMStukas-10.jpg~original

MMMStukas-11.jpg~original

MMMStukas-12.jpg~original

There is the update for this time. If you have any suggestions, they would be appreciated, Thanks for watching! :D

1/144 Micro Stukas (New Photos 2/12)

Still on track with this one. Over the last weekend I got both planes painted which was a pain what with the splinter camo masking having to be done. Last night almost got one fully decaled. Discovered a FUBAR in that one gun pod wasn't in the right place and had to remove it. :bang head

Have it relocated and will touch up paint tonight. Will also decal the other plane. Lucky for me the Eduard decals work quite well with the Walther's Solvaset. They settle down right over the flat paint with no silvering. (y) One less paint layer over the detail.

Should have them mostly finished up this weekend with photos. And yeah I even was able to get one of the spinner spirals set quite nicely last night. The second one should go a bit easier as I now know a couple of things I need to do before applying it.

Nice work on that small bird.... That did not sound right :D But you understand... I hope.

Gota love the Stuka !

Well Dave I can take a day or 2 and do up some nice pics and maybe not finish the 2 models, or I can spend the time getting them finished. Ran into a FUBAR this weekend as Vallejo doesn't like Solvaset too well. :bang head :bang head

The yellow stripe on the tail of the one plane I did with Vallejo did a BAAAAAAD thing. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Required a sand and redo of that small section. (with more masking) Then I was able to finish up the decals on plane #2. :beer

Still need to put the decal on spinner #2 though it is almost not worth doing. The spiral decals are backwards (mirror imaged) from what they should be. The props rotate counter-clockwise the spirals are clockwise. :bang head

Hey Eduard! :smack Quality control is POO!

Since I have no internet at the house I might end up having to do a finish time stamp. Still have details to paint, the canopies to paint and weathering to do. Should be doable, but it always seems that there are disasters lurking in the wings. :gogo

Looking good Paul .... nice detail on a braille scale ..... hang in there only one to go .... :coolio :pilot

Back