• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/144 Kulula Flying 101

I'm not for sure, but I think all the Kulula airplanes are humoruous. I only have the one.

I found pictures of all their planes, and they are all very nice looking schemes.

I really liked this one.

kulula-this-way-up-plane-1.jpg

This is a cool one too

kulula-camo-plane-5.jpg

kulula-camo-plane-2.jpg

Our Curmudgeon at large is out of range today, fire another salvo at him tomorrow.

Chrome looks good! :popcorn

I was advised that I have the wrong curmudgeon . A thousand pardons sir :notworthy

but to the one at large " may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nostril :smack

I believe the scab patches cover "damage", and are a paint effect. Kulula evidently hasn't trained their Drivers, not to make more than one pass over a defended target.
I love those guys!
I wonder if Draw decals has sheets for those as well. Hmmmmm.

I looked on the Draw site a couple days ago and unfortunately all they had was the Flying 101 that you've got.

I'm seriously considering picking up that sheet. I'll have to ask on Aircraft Resource Center if anyone has done any of the other Kulula schemes.

My Sweetie worked today, so I get some extra time to Model!! Yippee!! I tried to get a pict. of the landing lights going on. Kulula is doggone shiny, I can't get a decent picture.
Kulula_22_Mar_2014_1.JPG

I did some wheel bay detail too. No picture. The landing lights were holding me up, 'cuz I didn't care for the kit lights. SurgiCon 20 is coming up, soooooo............
Kulula_22_Mar_2014_2.JPG

Damn the Martinis!! full speed ahead!!! (on my most haunting, shiny Shelf Queen!!) :smack

I cranked the compressor up to 20 psi, and put some more Future on Kulula today. I hoping to enter her in SurgiCon 20.
Kulula_23_Mar_2014_3.JPG

I was right about the kit landing lights. they look like sh t. Oh Well!!

On the sides of the Jet, the script reads "Landing Gear, comes standard with Supa-fly mag's".
Kulula_23_Mar_2014_1.JPG

Alclad Chrome, Future shiny sealer. I loves me sum Chrome! (they're actually green on the for-real Jet.)

Since Draw Decals is coming to our 20th show, I was in a toot to get this one done. LOOKIE!!
Kulula_4_Apr_2014_3.JPG

a bit of Tamaya Clear green on the inboard hubcaps!
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_1.JPG

Wheel bays and other stuff! :pilot
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_2.JPG

Here she is, on her Gear, at long last!
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_3.JPG

See!?!!
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_4.JPG

All six wheels touch the ground, :bang head at the same time!! Yippee!
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_5.JPG

I DO love me some CHROME!!
Kulula_5_Apr_2014_8.JPG

'm calling her DONE! how about a "Shelf Queen Ribbon?" I started this in 2012, when I first joined Up. Any Comments!?!. Every finished Model is a Victory, here @ NAS White Oak!! :yipee :yipee :geek :stinker :tomato

I'm not for sure, but I think all the Kulula airplanes are humoruous. I only have the one.
Oh you got theyr message. I love the way they treat theyr customers also. Great way to fly when personel is not all stuffy and serious. The planes usualy take on some marketing plan that goes over most media's This one was to introduce flying to new customers - in theyr own unique way of course. :D

Great job Rhino. I will find out from my friends where they got the other Kulula Decals There is a Guy that makes them here, If you want me to. (y)

Back