• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zugkraftwagen 5t "Diana" Sd.Kfz.6/3 by Bronco 1/35

It's still a work in progress and i'm still looking for ideas that would let it stand out from all the other Diana's on the net.
100_1080.jpg

What do you think are you still with me? :hmmm
Thanks
Tony lee

Was just out getting more popcorn :) :popcorn
Looking good Tony (y) yes there are many diana's out there, but yours is one of the best, planning on any figures in and around it?
//Mats

If you promise not to laugh figures are on the way,they should have been here today,maybe tomorrow. I ordered seven or eight DAK dudes,should get at least one good one out of the bunch.

Terry. "GREATEST" would be nice. :woohoo:

Kid that's what the net is for,don't want it to stand out too much. :eek:hmy:

Thanks guys
Tony lee :)

Looking good Tony!

One way to make it stand out is to NOT paint that juicer looking thing on the right hand side a rusty color. I read on ML that it is
a tropical air filter and would not be rusted.

Hey, every little bit helps right?

Tom

Tom I kind of figured it wasn't a muffler because on this Half track the exhaust goes directly to a normal muffler and out the back that's why mine is not rusty but still painted.
Someone said it was an intake air filter but why would it be mounted behind the front wheel like that where it would suck up loads of dust???????

And every little bit does help,Thanks
Tony lee

It's still a work in progress and i'm still looking for ideas that would let it stand out from all the other Diana's on the net.
100_1080.jpg

What do you think are you still with me? :hmmm
Thanks
Tony lee

Rip the seats- i read a review where a guy grooved the seats plastic in a car build- painted the groves to look like the seats cushioning and applied bare metal foil and ripped that and painted- it was a nice effect. A collapsed corner with the side spring exposed on the drivers side would add to this- If it were me I would focus on the seat. Too many ruin a kit IMO by covering the gun with a camo net. Please leave that alone- this is a great build, love those big halftracks.

K Daddy, During my research phase before I even opened the box I noticed that all the Diana builds were modeled as well worn machines so I went the other direction.
I wanted to portray one that showed usage but still in fairly new condition. When the Germans pulled out of N.Africa 9 months later eight had been destroyed and one survived to be captured by the Brits.
Three didn't even last two months,how much wear could they have in such a short time?

The net covering everything was just a funny,no way was I going to cover all that work up with a net. :lol:

Appreciate the compliments Ladies and Gents
Tony lee

Yeah I can't stand nets over equipt either, never understood why go to the trouble and then cover it!

I don't know the history of these- I had no idea their lives were so brief. Thanks for that info.

Bagge you ask about figures,these came today. Master Box and Life Color set.
100_1081.jpg

These are on the way from Lucky Models,shipped yesterday.
PI000000151620.jpg

I figured there should be enough for both the Panzerjager I and the Diana.

Tony lee

(y) those guys gonna look sweet on the dio!!
I have the lifecolour set to, it's a nice one :D
Looking forward to see how the guys turn out.
//Mats

Back