• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yet another from my past.

agentg

I obtained this kit over 10 years ago fully intending to build a van such as the St Louis Police used back in the day. Those stupid fender flares stymied me back then. Upon discovering this in the stash, and the resulting improvement in my skills in the last decade (hopefully) inspired me to get with it.

weathered chassis

DSCF3931.jpg

interior detail

DSCF3928.jpg

DSCF3929.jpg

and body mods

DSCF3859.jpg

came together to form this.

DSCF3937.jpg

DSCF3936.jpg

DSCF3941_zps966943a7.jpg

Not quite finished as yet. I need a spotlight for the driver and a floodlight mounted above the rear doors.

G

Wow! This brings back memories! I tossed a lot of dudes into the back of those things back in the day!

Didn't they use the same vans for the ETU units?

Oh, I wondered down memory lane and forgot to tell you it's a great job! Where did you get the SLPD decals?

Bob

Yeah building this brought back a lot of memories.
ETU vans were the same vehicle except some were white, and all had ladder racks on top.
The decals were custom made 7-8 years ago by a guy whose name I no longer remember. I did the district and shop numbers in my own computer.

G

Back