• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yep, I'm a sandbagger...

Well, I offered to trade my Shilka (ZSU-234-V1) and grabbed the box. It was heavy and I realized it was two box tops. Within wasn't just a Shilka but:

1. DML 3521 ZSU-23-4V-1 complete kit, turret race opened for aftermarket interior.
  2. DML 3519 ZSU-23-4M complete kit, turret race opened for aftermarket interior.
  3. Kirin 28520 ZSU-23 Shilka Interior Detail Set - complete.
  4. Trakz TX-0122 ZSU-23-4 "Shilka" Interior complete.
  5. Model Kasten SK-8 Replacement Tracks & Roadwheels with white metal sprockets.
  6. LionMarc Model Designs LM 90003 Replacement Roadwheels for SA-6 Gainful & ZSU-23 Shilka.
  7. LionMarc Model Designs CL3009 Clickable Track Links for SA-6 Gainful & ZSU-23 Shilka with resin replacement sprockets included.
  8. MB Models Russian ZSU-23-4M Shilka PE Detail Set.
  9. Airwaves AFV35-019 Shilka PE detail set
  10. Eduard 35017 ZSU-23-4M Shilka PE detail set
  11. Eduard 35 477 ZSU-23-4V1 Shilka PE Detail Set
  12. RB Model Replacement Barrels
  13. Model Point MP3547 Replacement Barrels
  14. Masterclub Replacement Roadwheels for SA-6 & ZSU-23
  15. Inside the Armour ZSU-23-4 Detail set
I know there is a Trumpeter kit coming... Why didn't I even start these models? I can't see anything missing other than decals or masks!

Regards,

Last edited:
That's a lotta Shilka! I have a beat-up cast resin ID model I found at a flea market years ago- all the barrels are long gone.

Ooohhh now that I would have jumped at Saul. Been looking for an interior for a long time. And all the other stuff drool
James

Looking in the stash for things to get rid of, I went deep into a metal storage closet and pulled out a Bruno Magli shoe box. Inside were 1/72nd scale choppers. A Fujimi AH-1S, a Monogram AH-1G, an untouched ESCI UH-1D, and these Fujimi UH-1N which I obviously put a lot of work into. I had three, built one and the others were stored since Italeri (then Revell) came out with far better kits.

The cellophane tape is there to protect the raised rivets during sanding. I was reshaping the scoops which are very wrong on the kit.
UH1N01.JPG

I'm impressed that the tape held on for so long (at least two decades):
UH1N02.JPG

The scoops on this one are redone and polished.
UH1N03.JPG

Yes, the seat frames were redone with tubes instead of rods...
UH1N04.JPG

Regards,

Well, this is how I found them, I haven't touched them but I did print out Eduard's detail set for the Italeri UH-1N. Trying to get some hints if I find inspiration...

Regards,

This is fantastic seeing you build Saul! Wow, these are even more impressive than I expected them to be!

I'm kind of the opposite: I get more done when I stop to take pics; as it keeps me motivated to continue and also helps me when others point out things I didn't see. It also is good for me to look back and see what I did, as well as re-learn things I'd learned before.

Bring them on Saul! Love the helicopters!

Chris, double that for me!

Back