• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wings Over The Reich Sign Up

Olaf, Jeff and Ian answered your questions about start up builds.

We do ask that you start with an unbuilt/unstarted kit because these campaigns can be sponsored at any point during the campaign. We just want everyone to have the same start and level playing field.

Hubert just posted an excellent start up photo, if I may...

DSCF6424.JPG

We ask for a clear photo with the unbuilt kit and some sort of time stamp in view. The time stamp could be a newspaper dateline or some sort of digitial read out, like our Modelers Alliance Official Campaign Time module you'd find at the bottom of our website.

The answer to your other question is...the 109 of course! Can't have too many 109s buzin' around...:pilot

:mpup

Riiiight, let's hope this is OK:

h902ea5f.jpg

It's unbuilt (yes, the box is a little grotty, but that's what you get when purchasing a kit from eBay ;-) ) and shows today's dateline on the app.
I'll hold off the actual start until I get the OK on the picture, so I can re-take it if required.

Olaf

You don't have to wait for an OK.

Just start your own thread, name it what ever it is you are building, post that pic, and get crackin'. :drinks

(y)

:mpup

That's right Olaf, just start you a new thread in the Campaign forum and as long as that start photo is good, start cuttin' sprue!

I would like to join with a build of the Meng 1/32 Komet. I did start it last week, but since that is still within the campaign timelines, any issues with joining?

Doug

Okay the bad news. All of our campaigns unless noted require an unstarted kit with startup pictures. We have a campaign time at the bottom of the screen that will work for a time stamp, but phones or newspaperes or whatever shows a current date will do. The reason for this is that we have had companies or members sponsor a campaign in the past. We want to ensure there is an equal playing field for everyone.
Now having said that, to the best of my knowledge noone has sponsored this campaign. How much have you built on this already? If there is relatively little built we could probably let it go this once. If so we just need a pic of its current state and something with a date stamp.

If one of the mods or Bob want to make a ruling on it though that ruling will trump my word on it.
James

Hey James, let's give Doug a Newbie Exemption this time. WotR doesn't have a sponsor at this time so as you say, shouldn't be an issue, besides I've seen the end result of Dougs builds, think we're all going to like them.

Git'er done Doug. :popcorn

Thanks guys - I'll be sure to get a photo of the unstarted kit with the time stamp for future campaigns. Also, to avoid any issue, I'll recuse myself from any sponsor prizes, etc.

Nowhere near paint yet Mike :)

Doug

I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Old Revell (Germany) boxing of the 1/32 Dora.
Eagle Cals decals
in flight
21st Century Luftwaffe pilot
some scrathbuilding
and...

my first attempt at airbrushing :blink

LOL! I might have considered entering this with the Revell Ju88 A-1 I am building. (Started Dec 31) BUT, had no time stamp and had no intention to build to a timeline. Am building it to my unreasonable specifications and enjoying it greatly! :woohoo:

I have also been somewhat minimalized for internet access but only recently have figured workarounds. (y)

Thus real soon there will be a thread started with a lot of information, reviews of AM parts, corrections, scratchbuilding, and surprises. I have so far about 400 photos in the build photo stash with more being added daily. (Note:not all the photos will be used or needed) Working on the startup post this weekend, so hopfully I will be able to get it posted.

:beer

Back