• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIldcat vs Val in 1/72

Looking pretty sharp Alex. Good progress (y)

My eyes keep fixating on that chain drive . How much fun it must have been to crank up your landing gear while trying to avoid the trees at the end of the runway :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice Alex ... I'd say looks like a fuse close up is coming soon ... great start look very good ... and Mark don't every say "I can't" ... as I know you can ... I've seen your work just do it Man ... :popcorn also Christian ... all you have to do is run faster than your dentist, by hook or crook ... :soldier

Only problem with that is that she's the only one with sharp instruments and she knows how to hurt someone :rotf Still tempting though .

Cheers, Christian :rotf

Thanks guys,

Well Christian, if that is the problem I have much sharper instruments and I can show you where it really hurts... :yipee

The pictures did not come out as well as I wanted, but it is going great. More next week. Now I am off for the weekend! :drinks

Cheers everyone,

Alex

Looking good so far Dr Alex!

You like sharp instruments? You should educate us on some of your sharp stuff. (in my best Homer Simpson voice) Ahhh sharp. :drool

(us watchmakers like sharp tools too!)

Looking good so far Dr Alex!

You like sharp instruments? You should educate us on some of your sharp stuff. (in my best Homer Simpson voice) Ahhh sharp. :drool

(us watchmakers like sharp tools too!)

Oh, I love sharp instruments. Best of all are the ones included in the microsurgery tray, the scissors are as sharp as they come. I love working under the microscope with those little instruments and a 7-0 or a 8-0 suture... I guess some of these instruments are similar to the ones for watchmaking?

So dear friends I think that all the lessons received so far are paying of nicely. I am pleased with the model thus far, now she is all painted (brush-painted) and ready for the decals. See for yourselves:

hf2e3215.JPG

h0fe21e8.JPG

h023df07.JPG

he976815.JPG

ha5692ed.JPG

I cannot thank you enough for all the help and wonderful tips. More to come, she should be ready this week if all goes well.

Cheers

Alex

Yes. PDS monofilament suture 6-0. There is always a few left over that have expired and must be removed from the OR, I simply scavange them.. :eek:hyeah

Yes. PDS monofilament suture 6-0. There is always a few left over that have expired and must be removed from the OR, I simply scavange them.. :eek:hyeah

I thought that looked awful familiar . Looking in my tool box, I still have one package of 6-0 . Courtesy of the AF.

I recently started using E Z line and that's as easy as it gets . The suture was harder to use but I don't recal any ever coming loose either . Good stuff (y)

Cheers , Christian B)

Well, I am ready. I think it is a big improvement. Not yet perfect, far from it, but I am getting there... :ro:

I am pleased with the results... See for yourselves.

Thanks for looking and for all the advice

Alex

he5e1540.JPG

h4e0471e.JPG

hd4c3697.JPG

hc1e6e2a.JPG

h125993d_2016-03-03.JPG

hd90f657_2016-03-03.JPG

he6feaeb_2016-03-03.JPG

h078dee5_2016-03-03.JPG

h38ef703_2016-03-03.JPG

h97f2387.JPG

h8586389.JPG

Very good Alex, nice finish. The canopy frames could use some work, if you take a tooth pick with some thinner on it you can work those lines back some and clean up the over runs.

Really nice finish (y)

Thanks Bob! That is a very good tip. Everytime I tried to clean that up (I don't know why the masking does not work in some areas..) I got the plastic all opaque - catastrophic!

I will try and see if it works. But, as I said, it is getting there I think!

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Bob! That is a very good tip. Everytime I tried to clean that up (I don't know why the masking does not work in some areas..) I got the plastic all opaque - catastrophic!

I will try and see if it works. But, as I said, it is getting there I think!

Cheers

Alex

Have you ever tried sealing the mask with clear coat? We use acrylic clear generally for that. Mask it, seal it then paint. if the mask fails only the clear will seep under the mask and make clean up much easier.

If the clear parts are going opaque then back off, probably using a solvent based that will attack the clear part.

No, I have never tried that Bob.

Clear acrylic... I must see if I have some (i remember once using an Italeri clear acrylic gloss, but it left a very thick layer on the model). Which one do you use?

See, it is really amazing how much you can learn here... Thanks again for the tip!

Alex

I'm not sure if you have it in Europe, maybe someone can help us out with that but here we use Future floor wax among other things. What I've liked to use lately is AlcladII Aqua Clear Gloss. Clear, like any gloss will be hard to get to lay down with a brush. Not sure how to help you with that.

Every build gets better and better Doc. (y) What are you using to mask the canopy? Tamiya tape or some other masking tape? A lot of bleed can be avoided by burnishing down all the edges with a toothpick or even finger nail. The gloss as a sealant is a good idea.

Back