• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where's your Comfort Zone

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
...and when was the last time you left it?

We all have our comfort zone in what we do. Be it techniques, or genera, or even subjects. We've all seen some folks stick with specific subjects. Others are all over the place.

So, What are you most comfortable with in modeling and what was the last thing you did outside of that zone?

Detailing a kit is my comfort zone. So is marking it with a sharkmouth.

Outside my comfort zone? I have a Japanese aircraft of which I know little of. To build it without buying references makes me uneasy. I am saving it for the Dave Harper memorial build.

Regards,

I would say German Armor is My Comfort Zone. It's been a Couple of Years since I ventured out of it. I feel the Itch to stray & do a 70's Custom Chevy Van ! :woohoo: Some Kinda So-Cal Heavy Chevy adorned with Pix of KISS all over it !! :evil: :evil:

I have the 'Ol School KISS Van from the 70's 100% Un-Built & in th Box !! I was gonna scan th Decals make a New set & put them on a Modern Model of a 70's Custom Chevy Van.

acefrehley_1_20101031_1430047300.jpeg

dsc06293_1_20101031_2051227610.jpg

I stepped out of th Zone here. A large scale Figure & Not Military.

ERIK

early ww2 german wehrmacht, the panzer 38(t) in particular and it's a too long time that i did both, early war AND a 38(t) ... when i think of it, i haven't built a 38(t) this year at all! :blink shame on me!

About two years ago, I pretty much changed genres from cars and bikes to military models. I guess I have been out of my comfort zone since then! Figures have proven to be the most challenging discipline I've faced recently, but with a little help from my friends, maybe I'll get it. :idonno

I don't know if I can say I have a comfort zone just yet. It's been 4 years since I returned to the hobby and I really haven't fallen into a specific genre. First armor thing I did was the freakin' halftrack from hell Lion's Roar brass thing. I guess Aircraft are my genre but I'm not married to it, I'll do anything if I think it will help me learn something new.

MOONIE,

Holy-Shizzle-Ma'-Drizzle !(y) Th Halftrack was the 1st. piece of Armor ? That's a Hellofva 1st attempt !! Great Job !

ERIK

That is impressive moonpuppy for your 1st armour kit. My comfort zone is figures and WW2 Allied armour. Building a car model would be way out of my comfort zone.

My modeling is all over the place, but armor seems to be the place of comfort. The one area that twists my tail is automotive, a 1/43 Ferrari is calling to me.

Terry B)

My comfort zone is perched on the edge of a roof or walking trusses or lastly, in a bar stool.

:D

In modeling I don't know if I have one, I love armor, aircraft, NASCAR, Sci-Fi...

and I build them all with the same fun, enjoyment and passion so, I dunno.

Greetings and Salutations Folks

My comfort zone is 1/35th military from the 1920s through to the 1950s.

Time period because it allows a reasonable-sized refs library without going mad.

And 1/35th because I've not got the display space for anything larger, and nothing smaller because my hands don't work as well as I'd like and don't like loads of small fiddly bits.

Started out doing 1/48 scale aircraft...but every so often when I need a break I head to some quarter scale armor...and dabble in 1/35 here and there.

I guess being out of my comfort zone would be doing something new like a bigger figure to paint or a sub of some sort. The 1/144 Trumpeter Gato has been calling to me as of late...just need some cash to pick it up ;)

Started out doing 1/48 scale aircraft...but every so often when I need a break I head to some quarter scale armor...and dabble in 1/35 here and there.

I guess being out of my comfort zone would be doing something new like a bigger figure to paint or a sub of some sort. The 1/144 Trumpeter Gato has been calling to me as of late...just need some cash to pick it up ;)

I've had the 1:72 Revell Subs talking to me, doesn't matter, Gato or Uboat...I'm open for any. I think that would be totally out of my zone. I haven't done a single ship since starting back up in the hobby.

So the sub thing isn't just a passing phase? You could probably get a deal from Glenn on one of those he has in stock!

Back