• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where's your Comfort Zone

see..this is why I got in such trouble when I was a kid. I easily fall to peer pressure. "go ahead kid, do it..."

My comfort zone is usually stuffing my face with pizza in the naughty corner so Erik better bring some with him :D

I think recently I ventured out of my normal WW2 figures zone when I did the NY Zouave and Captain Kidd having to deal with different colours like reds and blues I found that quite a challenge.
Stretching myself would be to do a big figure or a bust or car or one of those buzzy things with wings

Started out doing 1/48 scale aircraft...but every so often when I need a break I head to some quarter scale armor...and dabble in 1/35 here and there.

I guess being out of my comfort zone would be doing something new like a bigger figure to paint or a sub of some sort. The 1/144 Trumpeter Gato has been calling to me as of late...just need some cash to pick it up ;)

The 144 Trumpeter Gato is one of the nicest subs to build and makes a nice comparison when sitting next to the Trumpeter Seawolf. Some of the Revell Uboats are nice build in the smaller scales not the 72 scale monsters

At the moment 35 scale armour is my comfort zone with some cars thrown in to break up the build routine. I have completed aircraft, ships cars and a couple of trucks.

I am trying to tackle more figures to display with my tanks but find eyes are the biggest challenge but most modellers I have spoken with say the same thing when doing figures.

I like this, glad to see so many folks who get out of their comfort zone. There's so much out there, techniques from one genera can be used in others but you never pick up on them unless you get out of that comfort zone. I mean how do you grow if you do the same thing over and over?

I like this, glad to see so many folks who get out of their comfort zone. There's so much out there, techniques from one genera can be used in others but you never pick up on them unless you get out of that comfort zone. I mean how do you grow if you do the same thing over and over?

I don't know but maybe we could start a help group for all those plane builders that ca only build Me109s or Fw190 for fear that the world may stop turngin. Like how many of those can you build before boredom or insanity set in!!

Dude, you've been here at TnT how long, we're nothing but a big ol' self help group! You know though, to each is own but I agree with you...this the person who has only built Halftracks and Wildcats.. :mpup

I would have to say my comfort zone is aircraft, mainly 1/48. I don't think I've found my comfort zone with armor yet but I'm trying!! It would be nice if I could build a kit without having at least one major **** up, now that would be comforting:lol:

Tom

Back