• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Westland Wyvern S.4 - Complete

Westland Wyvern S.4

A little more progress. The horizontal tails need to be corrected. Straight from the kit they are perpendicular to the vertical tail as seen on prototypes and early aircraft. Beginning with VW867 a 10[sup]o[/sup] dihedral was added. A little sanding and fiddling and it looks much better.

hcb981f5.JPG

The kit exhausts need replacing. Quickboost makes a replacement set that require some cuttung and sanding to fit the fuselage.

h3a830db.JPG

h2542a3d.JPG

h1a61bef.JPG

Main landing gear is on with a brake line added from fine wire. The inner gear doors (forgot to show them) require the hinges removed as the doors cycled closed once the gear was down.

hba58e21.JPG

h6951d2e.JPG

Think we are ready for the paint bay.

Cheers,
Rich

Westland Wyvern S.4

Got some color on her now. Still need to do some tidying up. The tanks and bomb are just press fit for now to see how she will look.

h332b467.JPG

h79065f5.JPG

h4d36643.JPG

h33d20c7.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Westland Wyvern S.4

Wow , I thought this was 1/48 scale . Surprised when I peeked at the box . Looking pretty darn good.

How was the kit to assemble ?

I always thought this bird had all the beauty of a Lysander on steroids and I do like the lysander . So ugly it's beautiful :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Westland Wyvern S.4

It builds very nicely. There are a couple of things to fix along the way, but not to difficult. Fit all round was very good.

She has the look of something only a mother could love.

Cheers,
Rich

Westland Wyvern S.4

It builds very nicely. There are a couple of things to fix along the way, but not to difficult. Fit all round was very good.

She has the look of something only a mother could love.

Cheers,
Rich

Yeah, the Dragon's stepchild . LOL
h15ae548.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Westland Wyvern S.4

Looking good Rich!

i almost bought one of these in 48. Another odd duck that might attract my interest someday! If I get one, I may build it as a what-if scheme, maybe US Vietnam era or something....

Westland Wyvern S.4

Took a hiatus from this to build the Harrier for MMM Campaign and to rustle up some new roundels to replace the kit decals.

h5f35a20.JPG

Got back on track with the decals and weathering on.

h9b39eb0.JPG

h06fa3c7.JPG

And part of the HMS Eagle flight deck.

h902db27.JPG

And now she is complete. More in the completion thread.

h1b6223d.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Westland Wyvern S.4

Seems there isn't a parking spot yet, so I'll add them here.

h2e9639a.JPG

hb62ea4d.JPG

h9d3801a.JPG

h9bde251.JPG

hae30138.JPG

h3384094.JPG

hb3fbd97.JPG

h4823e6b.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back