• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vought F-8E Crusader

Impisi

Ah well, this will be next

Making-Of1k-001.jpg

it is an ancient kit which has spent ages somewhere in my stash. When I opend the box I remembered that I had ordered the addon stuff from hannants to collect at Telford, but cannot remember when this was, I think 2011, but not sure. Anyway, it is about time to awaken the beauty.

And - you know me, it will take a long time

Thanks for looking in

My goodness, what a flood of memories. I built this when I was a child many years ago. We went to the "Jetport" up in Greer to drop someone off or pick up, can't remember. But it was on the shelf at the gift shop. Can't recall how it turned out but I sure do remember that box art.

Thanks a lot Gentlemen!

Not much happened here, as my wife had an accident with our mobile home und we now have a new "window" in the roof there. This is how it looks after some cleaning and bending
To-Do1k-001.jpg

Besides that it is quite nice to have a look at the stars at night, it might get a little wet if it rains ... The crack runs fron the corner to the window in the middle, so this will fill my empty time from now.

But besides that I also started the Crusader, not much, just sanding off al raised panel lines, building the connection to have the canopy in open position and glueing the small parts to the cockpit and ejector seat.

Making-Of1k-001.jpg

Making-Of1k-003.jpg

Making-Of1k-004.jpg

to be continued

Thanks for looking in

I wonder sometimes, if the new, exciting kits are overly complex. I ordered Arma Hobby's P-39 Airacobra. The detail is amazing. Every possible part is separate. P/E and 3d printed stuff in it too. I think I will likely build an Academy model of the same airplane. Sometimes too much detail is a detriment. I hope your roof/ceiling gets fixed soon! I look forward to seeing progress on your vintage Esci kit!

Yep! I put all the cool 1/72 Arma Hobby and Dora Wings kits on tlarmodels.com
I cain't believe how much these models retail for anymore!

Thanks a lot Gentlemen! Both, our motorhome and the Crusader did take some steps further,

1726777069480.png
1726777126582.png

Rescribing of the wings is done and almost one half of the fuselage, as I said, it will take time ...

The add on stuff is not made for an ESCI Crusader but for Monogram or Hase. In the pit this will work but for the landing gear bay it wil take some work, as it looks that the Hase Crusader is about 5 mm slimmer around the waist so I have to cut the add on into two halfs - will be exciting ...

Thanks for looking in

Back