• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vignette "Tunis '43," (Sd.Kfz.251/1 Stuka zu Fuss)

Olav the detail in this dio is amazing, your interior on the 251 is so realistic.Can't wait to see the finished job, thanks for sharing.

Gatto

Olav this is a superb build , a true winner ! I have studied the halftrack heaps of times, I seem to have spent too much time looking at the most intricate of details and not enough commenting :blush: . I love the 251 series halftracks and this is amongst the best I have seen :) .

The bridge is sweet too and the scene , I am sure will be a total winner !

Hooray for Olav :woohoo: !

Jenny :kiss:

Re:Vignette "Tunis '43," (Sd.Kfz.251/1 Stuka zu Fu

Thank you all for your comments and the many praises. Tonight, I will show you the next photos of the painted figures.

Many Thanks Olav

Re:Vignette "Tunis '43," (Sd.Kfz.251/1 Stuka zu Fu

As promised, the first five painted figures for the Dio. The figures are from Alpine, Verlinden and rebuilt by Tristar and MB with head of Hornet.

Happy Easter from Munich

figures_01.jpg

figures_02.jpg

Hi Olav,

Somehow I've missed this post :blush: And I missed a lot!! Your 251 is one of the best I've ever seen! So much detail and an ace paintjob!

The base and figures looking awsome to! Looking forward to see more progress!

Happy easter to you to!!

Erik

Olav,
Great job on the figures, Wow, they are sweet.
I've decided that I'm just going to buy some figures and send
them to you... :lol: Mine look so bad compared to yours.
Shawn

Update DAK-Diorama - Horch Kfz.15

Hello modeling friends,

The next Updade for my Tunis diorama, is a Horch Kfz 15. The model I built from the old Italeri-kit. Better detail, I reached with the Photo Etched set of Eduard. The deck plan I have converted from a Tamiya Steyr. The wheels are resin and by the Polish company 2Armorscale". They are much better than the rubber wheels of the kit. The radio is a set of Czech company "Plus Model". The antenna is made of machined brass from the German online Modelingshop "Modellbauwelt Bliestal". The tarpaulins and blankets I have made with Magic-Sculp. The figures I have from many different parts and Magic Sculp changed so that they fit into the vehicle. The equipment in the vehicle is from my scrap bin.

The next step will be to paint the model.

Greets Olav

horch_01.jpg

horch_03.jpg

horch_05.jpg

horch_08.jpg

horch_10.jpg

horch_13.jpg

Olav,
Looks great all around...
The guy in the back better hope it's not a bumpy ride, or he will
be wearing most of that drink. :lol: :silly: :evil:
Shawn
Keep those pictures coming, I love it.

Re:Vignette

olav Bellmann wrote:
As promised, the first five painted figures for the Dio. The figures are from Alpine, Verlinden and rebuilt by Tristar and MB with head of Hornet.

Happy Easter from Munich

figures_01.jpg

figures_02.jpg

I'm trying to understand how I missed this. Olav, you' shrunk those guys!

Re:Vignette

Hi there
What a great step step the detail in the half track is superb very envious of your figs iam doing ok with the uniforms its just the bloody faces lol .
Really looking forward to seeing the dio develop love the way you have layed out the bridge and the vehicles the other side great hight to.
Cheers Chris

Diorama "The Bridge" is finshed

Hi Modellers,

After just over a half a year's work at last my diorama "The Bridge" is become ready.
The idea for this diorama, acting in the spring of 1943 in the area near Tunis, is a bridge, the engineers for the withdrawal of troops, Rommel had built. As a model I used a photo that I found somewhere on the web. All about the assembly you will find the blog entries.
Once the vehicles built, painted, weathered and aged, were I have placed so that was a connection between them. The Sd.Kfz.251 drives carefully over the wooden bridge. The commander has made his Horch back from park and looks at the whole thing, while a sergeant describes his recent experiences. The two Feldgendarms want to put a new sign for future vehicles. On the 251er observe two crew members where are the following cars. A soldier pours a little water for a small wild dog found in a bucket and the driver and radio operator are glad for the break.
The figures are from different manufacturers such as Alpine Miniatures Verlinden, Jaguar, Dragon and mini type. Sometimes I changed the pose slightly and modeled with Magic Sculp and adapted to the circumstances or from parts of other characters remade.The cacti are from Dragon, Pegasus and from Magic Sculp by herself. Barbed wire, ammunition boxes, buckets, and the radio equipment by listening are of Plus Model. The loading of Hark's Legend of a set and sometimes even scratched. The little bird is of Nemrod. The signs are partly finished and partly lasered with an image editing program by herself. The deformed fuel drums come from Royal Model. All others are treasures from my spares box.I hope you enjoy it. More Images you can find at my Website

greets Olav

01.jpg

02.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg