• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vignette "Tunis '43," (Sd.Kfz.251/1 Stuka zu Fuss)

Hi friends,
I want to show you the first pictures of my project Sd.Kfz.251 / 1 "Stuka zu Fuss". The assembly of the kit was easy. The interior first had to be painted. Now I can continue to build.
Regards Olav

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Ok, so just how were you able to photograph the real vehicle and make it look like a model?

Man that's nice work!

Hi Modellers,

My Sd.Kfz.251 is finished after a week of work, that it can be brushing. A few small cracks had to be sanded and primed.
At the rear, I added two more in PE remains holder for jerry cans. The width indcator Rods are from "Voyagermodel" and the antenna is from "Modellbauwelt Bliestal" in Germany.

So now all plugged-parts are removed and the color goes at the model.

Greeting Olav

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Olav

Man that is one classy build. :blink I love it up to now, great painting. Where are the jacket and the boots from? are they scratch built?

Ant

Re:Vignette

TREEMENDUS wrote:
Olav

Man that is one classy build. :blink I love it up to now, great painting. Where are the jacket and the boots from? are they scratch built?

Ant

Hi Ant, he boots and the jacket are made from a kit from Dragon "DS". I remember, but not for what kit?

Olav

A small update on my 251er.
I've edited the model somewhat further. The usual things, such as filtering, washing, something drybrushing, some details still painted, aged and slightly dusty and slightly adjusted the bottom of the desert.
A new tank track I had to order even as it has been decomposed by chemical and physical edit into their components.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

greets Olav

Hello Olav.

That is a very nice looking Stuka :cheer: . The dirt in the running gear looks good (y) . And that is to bad about the tracks :pinch:

Gary B)

Good lord! Someone make an appointment for the paint rack! Talk about used and abuse, job well done olav! Pigment work is spot on.

My friends very many thanks for your posts. I already have something built on. The vehicle is ready. Here are the photos to view.

12.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

31.jpg

29.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

The diorama base, I have also begun to build. First, the bridge on the Origial photo. The wooden slats are made of bars of New Year's rockets and the boards are from McDonald's coffee sticks

It goes on.
Olav

bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

Love the worn but maintained look.
Love the bridge, Looks like you engineers are on top of things.
Keep posting pictures of this build.
Looking great so far.
Shawn

Tanks for posting,

Once the bridge is now completed, I built from a 10 mm plywood and 40 mm strips of wood a framework that serves as the base. Then I placed the bridge and with Styropor and Styrofoam carved the rough terrain. The finishing touches will be next.
Olav

bridge3.jpg

Hey Olav
Boy, is that some impresive detailing mate! The initial interior shots are great, and your level of detail lends itself well to this close photography.
A lovely crusty finish to the exterior. The weather beaten paintwork is fitting for the environment, although i do have a query regarding the markings.
For instance on the right rear door, the DAK marking with the palm tree. Considering the top coat has worn off completely, wouldn't this marking be on top of that, and therefore worn off also? Regardless, I do like the contrast you have given to the marking ;)
Brad

Hi Modellers,
I made a few new photos from the current look of my diorama. Next, the Sd.Kfz.251 is situated. The figures are ready, but need to be painted. The "Zuendapp" motorcycle up to a few finishing touches done.The "Horch"-Car is even built. Until next time.
Olav

bridge05.jpg

bridge06.jpg

bridge07.jpg

bridge08.jpg

bridge09.jpg

bridge10.jpg

bridge11.jpg

bridge12.jpg

Back