• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US GMC Truck , close cab , which kit available?

Hi guys
wanting to make a american GMC truck with close cab, I did a search on the internet and found only two kits available, an old Heller and Italerei

2jc5z08.jpg

Am I wrong or is the only solution? someone has already mounted?

I find only a Eduard's detail set for Tamiya kit open cab , there are others detail set available?

Thanks for the support
mike

I have a resin kit. It's been passed between James, Mike and I. y'all remember who makes it?

I think it's the short wheel based one.

Believe it was Azimut. Mike, does it have to be plastic or will you consider resin?
James

This is the photo to replicate...one of this trucks...

v4mnfc.jpg

there is also a open cab, it's the fourth trucks.

Now the alternative are three, Italeri , ICM and Tamiya.

I will decide the kit with more quality. Now I search info on internet....

stay tuned
mike

You going to build all of them, with the ME in the bed? Don't know of a 1:35 ME 163, you might need to look at 1:48 scale.

Problem is the ME163 is 1:32 scale and the GMC is 1:35. Does not sound like much but it's a stark difference when they are side by side. I think 1:48 scale will be the common scale for two kits.

Tamiya also makes a 1:48 CCKW and Dragon has the ME163 which is a fine kit, I did it years ago.

Problem is the ME163 is 1:32 scale and the GMC is 1:35. Does not sound like much but it's a stark difference when they are side by side. I think 1:48 scale will be the common scale for two kits.

Tamiya also makes a 1:48 CCKW and Dragon has the ME163 which is a fine kit, I did it years ago.

Hi Moon puppy

your opinion it's true and realistic. The 1/48 scale it's the ideal solution, but the disponibility of figures it's limited for my opinion.

The difference between a airplane in 1/32 scale and a truck in 1/35 scale it's visibile if there is the confront between original photos and the models. The modeller's ability is to make a work with different elements and to hide the difference.....
This is my opinion .
I hope to be able ...

Mike

The difference between a airplane in 1/32 scale and a truck in 1/35 scale it's visibile if there is the confront between original photos and the models. The modeller's ability is to make a work with different elements and to hide the difference.....
This is my opinion .
I hope to be able ...

Mike

If I understand what you're saying Mike, it will be very interesting to see. I know Les (Matroxone) here has used mixed scales to force a perspective when photographing his work but that limits the viewer to the angles that he wants to present.

Looking forwrd to seeing this Mike, Hope we get the full on WiP here. :popcorn

Mike,

I have the italeri kit and it is just fine.
I was relieved to find out that you do not have to build it with the machine gun ring and the the hole in the cab roof. It is molded as a complete roof (very thin at the ring location :eek:hmy: ) but it is doable. (y)
I don't know if that was what was hanging you up. It was bothering me when I was shopping for the truck kit.

Happy building,

Bill

(p.s. : here's a couple of pics)

I did a little sanding, but no filling on the roof exterior. There was a very slight dimpeling (sink) prior to sanding.

TRK_1.jpg

Inside

TRK_2.jpg

Back