• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter's Pz. IVb 10.5cm

Well I started cleaning parts before the NASCAR race started and I noticed the hull looked smaller,then the road wheels and idler looked smaller and then I compared the turrets and the Trumpeter is a lot smaller.

This is supposed to be 1/35th??????
I'll post some pictures after the race.

Later
Tony lee :idonno

OK you decide what scale???? Both say 1/35th

DML on the left Trumpeter on the right

Turrets

Hulls
DML in the rear

With turrets

People are bad mouthing Dragon for screwing the pooch with the M103, "Poop Happens" :laugh:

Tony lee

I don't know if i'll waste my time building this mess.
I wanted it to go with the other one but that's not going to work. :(

Tony lee

Well maybe both. Here are some pictures that show a smaller idler wheel and some with smaller road wheels.

Terry :v

02379.jpg

geschutzwagenjp1.jpg

pz4-1.jpg

PzSflIVb-TTH.jpg

Well maybe both. Here are some pictures that show a smaller idler wheel and some with smaller road wheels.

02379.jpg

PzSflIVb-TTH.jpg

These are two different vehicles.

Wonder how they managed that

The wheels on this vehicle looked like those from the Begleitwagen (Pz.Kpfw. IV) but are in fact larger and only six per side. DML caught this and Trumpeter did not. Instead they used regular Begleitwagen wheels and scaled everything down to fit.

Regards,

Not first time trumpeter get the size wrong, the S-tank is out of scale to.
To bad, because it looks like a nice kit though, hope you finnish it Tony.
//Mats

Just dawned on me, these two are the same tank, same picture. one picture is flipped. The bottom picture I thought the rear of the turret was shorter for some reason.

OK Trash the Trumpeter, use it for a burn out thing. :soldier

OOB all done

This kit had PE fender braces, i'm saving those for the Dragon kit as well as the copper tow cables.
Also the DML kit was missing a driver view port armor shield and I used it for the one missing.
This kit is such a misfit of scale i'm not going to waste the paint on it.

Tony lee

Back