• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter KV-2

Cool. I hadn't thought of Humbrol enamels but if Testor's works, then they should too. Good call. I had heard the same reviews/complaints about the other glues not working on those tracks either and every time I tell people to use the Testor's tube glue. When I do, suddenly everything always goes silent, sometime right after someone ridicules me for still using the stuff. Hey, I have at least twelve of these Trumpeter models to prove it works too, so.....

Man that sucks. I thought this came with the link & length? I built this sometime back and mine had those, they were not too bad to work with

OOPS! I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS IS IN 1/72!!! man that is great work! Sorry about the goofy post there, I am betting Iron Mike has it right

Finally got around to painting the road wheels and grabbed the tracks to get started. As soon as I started to handle the tracks all the primer came off. :bang head :bang head :bang head

I used Tamiya primer. Anyone have any ideas what paint would stick to these tracks???

06KV2.jpg

I was away for a couple of days but I have been able to move this a long a bit. I did a wash and added the decals. I've started to do some pigments and weathering but still have a ways to go.

I managed to find a brand new tube of testors glue stashed away and gave it a try. While it stuck the two ends of the track togehter and I was able to pull on it a bit I found it was really easy to peel it up if that makes sense. Anyway, I went with the two part 5 minute epoxy and that seemed to work really well. paint on the tracks still seems to be a little bit of an issue as some flaked off where I had to stretch it over the wheels. Not much but I thought I would give them a coat of future to help hold the paint. Upper and lower hulls are not attached yet so that I can finish some highlights on the tracks.

07KV2.jpg

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/13386/08
KV2.jpg

Well, calling this done. The pigments look really red in the photos but not so much in person. I was hoping to get some stowage and a base on this thing but I am ready to move on at this point.

09KV2.jpg

10KV2.jpg

11KV2.jpg

12KV2.jpg

Thanks for looking in. :drinks

Looks nice. I am glad the pigments are not at red in real life, I was going to say I didn't think there were any KV-II in Vietnam... :snoopy

Thanks guys! No I don't think there were any KV-2's in in Vietnam or Georgia. :gogo

We have a nice sunny day here so I took a couple more photos in the natural light. They look much better.

13KV2.jpg

14KV2.jpg

Back