• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter KV-2

razordws

Just picked this up and I'm anxious to build it even though Chad just did one for this campaign already.

01KV2.jpg

Small update. Pretty much have the construction phase done and ready to lay down some paint. I had hoped to do that today but 6 inches of snow last night had me out shoveling for a good part of the day.

I'm pretty much an out of the box builder but these hand holds had to go.

02KV2.jpg

03KV2.jpg

This is one beast of a tank. :eek:hmy:

Thanks guys! :drinks

Been plugging away on this. Thought I was going to have more time last week to work on it but called called into work a couple of extra days.

Got some paint on it (needs some touch ups) and working on the road wheels. Tracks are up next.

04KV2.jpg

05KV2.jpg

Finally got around to painting the road wheels and grabbed the tracks to get started. As soon as I started to handle the tracks all the primer came off. :bang head :bang head :bang head

I used Tamiya primer. Anyone have any ideas what paint would stick to these tracks???

06KV2.jpg

Dave.

Are those tracks rubber? I say let the primer peel off,then wash them in a good detergent. Maybe ask Mark what paint sticks best to those tracks.

I don't do rubber band tracks often, but when I do, I use Tamiya Grey rattle can primer after a good washing in Joy dishwashing detergent and water. I paint mine with Panzer Aces Track Primer for the final color, with highlights drybrushed on. Good luck. :good:

Yeah, that was the tamiya rattle can grey primer. Getting all of it off was no problem. None of it stuck. :facepalm

I just painted a test section with some humbrol enamel so we'll wait and see what happens when it dries.

Did some research just now and apparently the tracks are completely unglueable too. Couldn't find anything on painting them though.

I've had no problems with Testor's Model Master Enamels sticking to those tracks. Also, mine glued fine with Testor's orange tube glue. I've also known other guys who've used rubber cement. Still, I have tracks like those that have been glued with Testor's tube glue years ago and are still holding.

The Humbrol Enamel stuck to the tracks so one problem solved! :dance

I'll have to see if I have some old tube glue stashed away somewhere Duke. Some of the reviews I've read have said that Tamiya glue, CA and even epoxy have not worked on these Trumpeter tracks.

Back