• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TRUMPETER KV-1 1942 WIP

Mike,

Great work you´re doing with all these tinny PE parts!
Nice to see the road wheels and tracks painted, hope you don´t have any problems while doing all that.
Cheers,

Juliano

Mike your KV is looking great can't wait to see more.

Terry B)

Thank you, Olav & Juliano! I appreciate your kind words!

Terry, your weld tip has made this build very interesting to me and I do appreciate the help!

My eyes are almost back to normal after the itsy bitsy clasp experiment. I know PE is old hat to a lot of you, but this is the most I've used and it has really challenged me. Thanks for watching! :woohoo:

Mike , beautiful , patient , clean pe work !!!

You've got a very good build going on here , my only critique would be your choice of beers , Bud - nastys , ....... uugh !!!
:laugh: :laugh:

Thank you, Brokeneagle!

Glenn, that's my CA glue palette, if you're referring to the beer cap. :whistle: We rotate the stock through our fridge, ya just never know what you'll find in there! :D

Hey Mike

Nice work all round. You make the PE look tooooo easy. Will follow this with interest.

You say you are planning on putting mud on it. Is this going to be displayed on a dio?

Ant

Thanks, Ant! I'd love to do a little dio with this one, if I only had the courage!

Finally got my paints yesterday and back to the bench today! I did some detailing on the underside of the commander's hatch, mostly copper wire and a little etching with the panel scriber, although I did use the lever from the Aber set.

IMG_2305.jpg

My aftermarket order also showed up, so added the turned barrel from RB Model, very cool piece!

IMG_2306.jpg

Decided it was time to turn the whole thing green, so I mixed up a batch of Tamiya XF61 Dark Green, XF5 Flat Green and some XF8 Flat Blue for the base coat. I went and bought groceries to make dinner and by the time I got back, the paint was ready for highlights. I then used a mixture of XF5 and XF4 Yellow Green mostly on the panel centers and turret.

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

I plan to let this dry overnight and then I'll start the touch up and weathering process. Cat says it's time to clean up the bench, but what does he know?

IMG_2309.jpg

Cheers for now, thanks for taking time to look!
:peace

Looking good so far my friend. I am really impressed how natural the cat looks. You really outdid yourself with the cat. Is the cat going with the tank in a dio?

Joe

Too bad my commander figure doesn't look that real!!! He looks like he's had too much vodka and his eyes are non existent. :lol:

CATS
COMMANDERS

VODKA
and FUR.

PPfffftttt.

Lets get to the important stuff.

WHATS FOR DINNER ?

:unsure: :laugh: :ermm: :lol: :silly:

Ok, ok. It is a nice looking KV. And an aluminum barrel is always fun. Especially when you have been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to arrive. And the tracks look like they also have a good start.

Gary B)

What's for dinner? Red Peppers, Sausage & Pasta! The commander in question needs mega help, shoulda stayed in class with Bob & Laura!
IMG_2307.jpg

He has no eyes yet, still needs more SOMETHING! Grrrrr! It's enough to make a guy go back to building AUTOS!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

A spot of black in the eye slits will do you most people when outside in the sunshine squint

Thats how I cheat,.... I mean thats how I do it :)

Thanks, Andy, at this point, I'll try about anything.

Here's where I am today, dry brushed a bit, couple coats of Purity Seal, ready for washes and some mud!

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

Still have a few parts to add, but I think I'll wait until I don't have to handle it as much to install them. Still thinking about unit markings, but haven't really found any i like. Anyone have suggestions? :peace

After much debate, I decided to use basic numerals on the turret, these are dry transfers from Archer. They went on quite easily and I think they look pretty good.

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

I did start the pigment wash on one side of the tracks, didn't have enough rubbing alcohol to do one full side, but got enough on to see if I'm going to like it. I made a trip to the local pharmacy, but no luck on the 91% stuff! Guess the locals are drinking it!!

IMG_2339.jpg

I need to brush some off the road wheels, the drive sprocket has had some of the excess removed. Still waiting on the sealer coat to dry overnight before I start the filters and weathering on the hull. Thanks for looking!

Well, made a bit of progress over the past couple days. These photos are from tonight's club meeting, sorry for the blurry bits.

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

I still have to finish the figure and add some more dust to even things out, will post new pix tomorrow.

Back