• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TRUMPETER KV-1 1942 WIP

Lovely KV!

Just one idea. Take your favourite enamel painting (black or dark grey) and mix it with thinner. Let it flow in the rear grilles. Once dry, use drybrush technique with green color (KV color) to paint the surface of the grills.

In this way, the final appearance of the grill will be more realistic! You´ll add in this way a 3D effect

Anyway, nice work!

After making a bunch of touch ups and trying Jose's suggestion about adding more color to the grilles, here is where I am today.

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

My friend, James Moody, gave some face painting pointers. Comrade still doesn't look healthy, but good enough to climb aboard and signal the rest of the column. His flag is aluminum foil, painted with Tamiya Flat Red mixed with Red, then I gave it a coat of Vallejo Model Color Matte and followed that up with the same grey wash I used on the grilles.

IMG_2432-1.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

I need to add an overall dusting and some addtional flat coat to Comrade, but things are beginning to shape up.

Great!!! .... you did it!!

Result is really nice, you can be very proud of your work.The final looking of that KV is awesome!

Just something else. Try to varnish that figure with matt (Marabu matt varnish with the thinner of the same company is a nice selection)

Nicely done Mike !!!

The face paint looks good , far better than any flesh tones I've done .

I also don't think he looks sickly at all , ........... hell I look just like that driving a tank and drinking straight Grey Goose from the bottle , ........ actually it was a Chrysler Imperial town and country station wagon , .......... but it was the same size as a KV ....................

Back