• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Ju 87A in 1/32 (Resuming the build)

Your thread layouts / explanations are the best !
double-dougs-dougs.gif

Thanks again guys! @Rhino the pilot seat looks to be correct at least from the little bit I have seen in photos.

Here are my thoughts on this. The wings and base fuselage, probably have minimal changes from the A version through the G versions. If you were to use info from the existing aircraft and information, you should be able to build a reasonably close replica of about any version of the Stuka. As usual Trumpeter puts together garbage and just throws it out there. For example their B-26 is a total piece of garbage. You have to replace the whole upper center section of the fuselage in order to get it remotely correct.
Yes I know that all kits are at best approximations of the originals that they represent. The thickness of the plastic forces that if for no other reason. Beyond that though, gross errors in simple things that can be found on the open internet are pretty much inexcusable.

This kit has become a "I am going to fix and finish it no matter what!!!!" As I am past a lot of the bigger items, I think it will be OK in the long run. It will definitely be much more accurate than most of them out there. It has also taught me a lot in doing research and making judgment calls from photos.

Time for another update. I have been fine tuning and adding more needed parts to the paint queue before going off and painting the black base coat. I want everyone to see all the white plastic.
Here we go.

Ju87A-088.jpg

Ju87A-089.jpg

Ju87A-090.jpg

Ju87A-091.jpg

Ju87A-092.jpg

Ju87A-093.jpg

I got it all covered with a good coat of black paint. The paint showed up a bunch of flaws that are going to have to be addressed on the sidewalls before going on to the RLM02 color.

More soon!

Have not been idle, have some paint on the parts. With the paint came some touch ups as the paint showed surface errors on my modifications. I guess I should be taking some photos, but it is just the normal paint, weather detail stuff that has been posted by many over the years. Took a couple of days off to do other needed things and am getting ready to head in and get busy. Fixing to apply a bunch of the Quinta Studios parts. One thing I did notice is that Quinta made the straps for the ammo canisters quite a bit larger than the BS photo etch ones that Eduard does. The Eduard ones are and have always been way too small. The Quinta ones look much much better.

Nice! The blue O2 bottles really stand out!!
Yes they do. When you look at the cockpits in real aircraft they are quite busy and have a lot of different items of different color inside. As this cockpit is actually quite large there should be a lot going on in it. I applied many of the Quinta Studios decals last night. They are thin and have a lot of flex to them. Some wrap around parts others are placed on flat areas. I used Pledge on the areas where they were to be placed in order to get a really good bond. I also found it a good idea to place them on a paper towel and blot the excess water off before sliding or lifting them off the paper backing. It is adding a lot of extra color and detail. There are things about them that will have to be addressed.

Photos will be later today most likely.

I have most of the Quinta decals applied. There are still a few detail parts that have to be added as well as more construction but here is enough for an update.

Ju87A-096.jpg

Ju87A-097.jpg

Ju87A-098.jpg

Ju87A-099.jpg

Ju87A-100.jpg

That's it for now. The Quinta stuff looks really good and the panel parts apply quite well. The sticks and knobs are crap. There will need to be some kind of a compromise on those items, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Well I had surgery on my left leg and rear end Thursday to remove a large fatty tumor. Yeah a real pain in the ass this time. The meds have helped though It is quite difficult to sit. A pillow and leaning to the right seems to work for some hobby stuff and computer stuff. Sitting square at a watch bench and such at work? Yeah that isn't going to happen for a few more days.
I have gotten a few things done it the last week so here is an update.

Ju87A-101.jpg

Ju87A-102.jpg

Ju87A-103.jpg

Stuka restart Ju87a-01-GIF2b.gif

Ju87A-105.jpg

Ju87A-106.jpg

I am debating about using the Quinta Studios seatbelts as the HGW set is a mess. Like I said they must have been high on the day they checked this for correct. Basically I am a bit on the POed side as this is the next step. The belts need to go on the seats before I can place the seats and right side of the cockpit in place.

Back