• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/35 M-1078 FMTV w/ Softside cab

Man, really slacking off on the updates. Didnt realize it had been so long.

Not a huge update, but did make some progress. Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to do a detail wash, but so far just havent been happy w/ anything I've put together, so tonight I fell back on my tried & true Pro Modeler Wash. This time I used Dirty Earth instead of the Black that I normally go w/. I knew in this case, that the Black would provide too start a contrast, where as the Dirty Earth is more of a dark grey which I thought would be fine. Just got it laid down, havent started cleaning anything up yet.

M1078-089_zps3273c597.jpg

M1078-090_zps17f8651c.jpg

M1078-091_zpse97c76b7.jpg

I'll let this dry tonight, and then tomorrow evening I'll go back and start cleaning it off. I've already thought about going back over the whole thing w/ a very light misting of the base color to help tone down the wash, but I'm going to wait & see how it looks when I clean it up before deciding on whether to do that or not. I've also got dry brushing to do for the highlights. If I dont have to mist it again w/ the base coat, I might get to the dry brushing either tomorrow night or Tuesday night.

Well, a set back for this build. I've decided to strip the future off along w/ the wash I put on it. I had hoped it would look ok, but the wash is still too dark for what I want, and I'm having trouble getting it out of areas I applied it to. So I'll hit it w/ a lot of Windex and then in a couple of day's I'll work on getting it recleared. Hopefully this time I can manage to get the entire thing cleared. Some how, w/ the amount of future I put down on it, I still managed to miss several places w/ the Future.

No progress to speak of on this in the last week unfortunately. Been a hectic & stressful week, so very little modeling across the board. Hopefully this weekend I can do something. Still having a hell of a time figuring out how to weather this desert paint scheme.

Yikes, 3 weeks w/o an update, didn't realize it had been that long.

Unfortunately no progress made. Between family issues dealing w/ the passing of my wife's grandfather and things going on at home & crazy at work, and being discouraged w/ this build, nothing has happened. Looking forward to a lazy relaxing weekend so hopefully I can make some kind of forward progress on it this weekend, would be nice to get it wrapped up.

I know all to well that real life issues can get in the way.
I hope you can find some time to work on this one,Adam.

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

I've really slacked off on this thread.

Tonight, after staring at this thing on my desk for several weeks, I made the decision to repaint the model. I'd been tossing it back & forth whether to repaint, or to strip to base plastic and start over, and I decided to go w/ repainting. The biggest push for this decision is the fact that I have the decals on. If I hadn't applied the decals then I'd have stripped it to the bare plastic and started over, which is what I would have rather done, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of trying to replace the decals.

I've laid down a coat of the base color, Testors Army/Marine Sand, and now I'll let it dry for a few days. Once that's done, I've decided that I'm going to go light with the weathering and call it good. I originally had planned on trying to just do light weathering on this build, but then decided to push it, and it bit me in the backside big time, so this time around I'm not going to do that. I'll just do some dry brushing to highlight areas, and maybe a pin wash for details, and that's it.

Back