• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tony Lee's Ugly Duckling (Bison II)

Theres a picture of it in his materclass book on page 83

Id scan it if I had a scanner sorry perhapes someone esle could ?

Tony Greenland , ........... we don't need no stinkin Tony Greenland , we got Tony Lee !!!

Nice work Tony , ........ I've got the Malan kit and the Edouard pe , ......... one of these days I'll try and match your sweet work on this !!!

The page from Greenland's " Master Class " book , one of my first inspiration books , very old ............

Picture1581.jpg

Picture1580.jpg

OH MY GOSH :eek:hmy: I should live so long. :lol: That guy is pretty good wouldn't you say?

Well my bashing will just have to do for now boys and girls.:blush:

The kits 15cm just didn't trip my trigger and I didn't want to waste that resin kit so I picked up a
Dragon Mechanised Towing 15cm s.1G.33 Infantry Gun kit #6261 for a good price and shoe horned it in there instead today. It still needs a couple of tweaks to fit better but it's no big deal to do that.

100_0924.jpg

Thanks Glen for posting that fine model for me. (y)
Pup if I think about tomorrow i'll try and solder something from the Eduard set.
Tony lee :)

Tony, be sure to scrap the hell out of that stuff before trying. get down to the brass, whatever it is they have on top doesn't solder at all, burns more than anything.

Terry I would glue it but there's some stuff that glue just doesn't held as well as molten light metal. Do ya need a hint??

Good progress Tony, nice crammin'.

100_0925.jpg

100_0926.jpg

I only had one early Gerry can so I ordered some more,the kit comes with the late design.:(

Later boys and girls
Tony lee:)

Awesome work as usual. Just unreal what you can do with a kit like this. Make it look so easy.
James

I got canned this morning.:laugh:
Not a bad kit only thing is they give you two early cans and 18 later cans and I needed the early jobs,5 of them.
100_0927.jpg

To solve the shortage I took the four early halves and four of the late back side halves and made four early whole cans,you can only see one side anyway,problem solved.:D
100_0928.jpg

Also filled some of the blank spots on the rear end too.

Found a place to store five rounds of ammo instead of on the floor. Now I only need a place to put five more.
100_0932.jpg

That's it for today,see ya later

That's what I said when I saw it????? The can halves divider I can use but all those other little bits are used to made a workable spout cap. Those people must be nuts cause there just ain't no way Jose.:idonno

Tony, shy away from a PE challenge? I think you need to try one, just to say you did!

I know what you mean, I called off the Lion Roar Halftrack when I started to make the ammo links for the .50 rounds.

the cygnet that turns into a swan ... no wait ... every cygnet turns into a swan ... erm ... uuuh ... the ugly duck that turns into a swan!

:)

exceptional improvement work tony!

Back