• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Tobruk - November 1942" Diorama

Re:

slodder wrote:
From the closeup I can see that you are using Tamiya's sandbags. Any chance of replacing those with some putty ones? They come off as a bit stiff.

Yes Slodder, you're wright.... I used Italeri sanbags and are a bit stiff. Next time I'll choose the putty way... :laugh:

Massimo :)

Re:

Legio Italica wrote:
slodder wrote:
From the closeup I can see that you are using Tamiya's sandbags. Any chance of replacing those with some putty ones? They come off as a bit stiff.

Yes Slodder, you're wright.... I used Italeri sanbags and are a bit stiff. Next time I'll choose the putty way... :laugh:

Hi there.

An inexpensive alternative to putty is chewing gum such as Chicklets or Trident. Just soak them in warm water until the candy coating dissolves and then use them just like you would if you had made them from putty. Just be careful that they don't touch each other whilst they are soaking as they will stick together.

Cheers from Peter

Hello Massimo, I really like your work so far on this :dude

All the different signs are a nice touch. How did you do the palm trees?

Randy

Hello Randy, many thanks for your comment... The palm trees are from Preiser, they must to be assembled and painted...

Cheers :cheer:

Massimo

Hello my friends, another update....

I hope you like it !! B)

Cheers :cheer:

Massimo

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Hi all,

finally it is finished.... :whhh :drink :D I hope you like it.

Any comments are much appreciate as usual....and thanks for ooking

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Legio, you are AWESOME, but the diorama is awesome too.
Good work and good final result.
Thanks for posting this work here!

See you!

Yago.

Nice work! Very well done.

Just a info:
There's no Universal Carrier Mk.II in Tobruk area in 1942 or in another place. The Universal Carrier Mk. II entered in service in 1943. The same for the Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. I.

All the best,

Fabrício

Re:

menardi wrote:
Nice work! Very well done.

Just a info:
There's no Universal Carrier Mk.II in Tobruk area in 1942 or in another place. The Universal Carrier Mk. II entered in service in 1943. The same for the Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. I.

All the best,

Fabrício

Thank you Fabricio for your comment... The Mk.II version was introduced in 1942.... but in fact I have not found pics of Mk.II sets in Africa in the end of 1942. I trusted in Tamiya box art, that represented it in Africa :hmmm As for the Lee Enfield, the production of the No.4 Mk.I version started in 1941, not in 1943.

Very cool job Massimo !!!

I like the results of your sand and rock strewn ground , ....... very convincing .

Figs. , vehicles , etc. , ........... niiiiiiice !!!

Back