• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

To eBay or Not to eBay? That is the question.

You didn't hear the joke I told about modeling the 7 billion dollars of abandoned equipment in Afghanistan, who might operate said equipment and what headgear they might wear. :lol: :yipee::lol:

Even though the joke was based in FACT, it was deemed a "political statement".
I have not been invited to the upcoming Saturday meeting.
I try to be good. I DO! It's just that down deep, I'm basically just naughty. :batstinker::Drinks:

i hope this is not political but can i just point out that Megan Markle is talking an absolute pack of lies to for fill her Netflix contract
For someone who left the UK because of the lack of privacy she is certainly spending a lot of time trying to get in the spot light.
I just think its so sad that someone is so determined to trash our royal family very much like she has trashed her own family with absolute made up total nonsense..
I suppose if Netflix offers you $10m to come up with a steam of "sensational" news you are going to have to invent most of it but take for example. she couldn't stand to take here kids to school everyday and have to fight off the press at the school gates ?
Prince william and Kate take their kids to school everyday and when did anyone ever see a picture in the press ? answer never. there is a news blackout on all these sorts of private activities and Markel knows this..but hey, gotta have a story.

Interesting Paddy! These days I don't watch any of the normal broadcast media anymore. Again, lies, half truths, and things just not reported. Read Epoch Times and it is amazing the stuff that the corrupt in government are pulling and how much is starting to leak out in spite of the coverups and censorship. I just wish more folks would look beyond what the talking heads on the boob tube past up.

Its a strange world now Paul
I'm not being political, i cant be because i dont know the politics of the USA but the thinking is here that Trump was brought down by powers that be, not the electorate. Same with Boris over here, brought down mid term by the left wing press. A poll of 50million people voted him in with the largest majority for 70 years and the establishment voted him out with a poll of 260 people 2 years later .
It makes a mockery of democracy and when you do that it makes a mockery of everything we have done to try and bestow democracy on the world from Iraq to Afghanistan, from Syria to Libya .........and Russia and China can see the cracks.

As i say, this is not a comment on a political party against a political party, its a general comment on how democracy can be undermined by the press and few empowered individuals.

Have faith, Brothers!
This right here is like a pendulum. It hasn't swung quite so far out ever before, that I recall. It IS cyclical. The "Pendulum" will swing back. Don't let the baloney media get you down. Don't allow yourself to get carried away to take rash action. This is what the enemies of Freedom wish for. An excuse to persecute the many to satisfy the few. The days of blind justice will return. We must stay the course and hold fast. Do I think it will be easy? No. No I do not.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I think Megan (Pronounced "Twat") Markle can just plain bugger off. Some people get famous for their irrelevance, rather than their achievements.

OK Guys, someone's gonna get their feelings hurt and i don't want them ranting at me about it. You guys can take that into a private conversation and include me but not in public.
:mpup

Like so many good things, the Hobby Swap model selling website has come to an end. Unavailable as of 23 March 2023

The new owner commented "It seems like a platform were I do all the work and somebody else makes all the money."
I did not expect Hobby Swap to last a lot longer. A teensy heads up would have been a nice courtesy to members.
Hobby Swap wasn't my "playing field". It was a fun "playground" while it lasted.
I'm told the new owner may create a model selling website they control. Such a thing would be welcome indeed.

I wish for a chance to copy/paste my item descriptions to Google docs.

Once again, TLAR Models goes in search of a suitably friendly marketing platform. BFA! :ph:

Like so many good things, the Hobby Swap model selling website has come to an end. Unavailable as of 23 March 2023

The new owner commented "It seems like a platform were I do all the work and somebody else makes all the money."
I did not expect Hobby Swap to last a lot longer. A teensy heads up would have been a nice courtesy to members.
Hobby Swap wasn't my "playing field". It was a fun "playground" while it lasted.
I'm told the new owner may create a model selling website they control. Such a thing would be welcome indeed.

I wish for a chance to copy/paste my item descriptions to Google docs.

Once again, TLAR Models goes in search of a suitably friendly marketing platform. BFA! :ph:
They just pulled the plug no warning? That is frustrating.

I know squat about websites or web design but I decided it was time to evolve (or try to) and give GoDaddy a shot. I have gotten my ass kicked since noon today. :ph::bang head

A Man has to know his limitations.

It can be frustrating, Chris. I've been doing my own website for many years and things keep changing as to how to do it. I have often thought of putting together a for sale site but haven't gotten around to it.

It can be frustrating, Chris. I've been doing my own website for many years and things keep changing as to how to do it. I have often thought of putting together a for sale site but haven't gotten around to it.
It isn't often I "Sail off the Chart". I always know what to do. I do things very precisely. The way things are right now, I am vary of spending $200.00 on a "Maybe". Thanks John!

In honor of one of the proudest Naval traditions, "Damn the Martinis! Full speed ahead!". I figgered out how to add Paypal to actually make a sale too! :bang head:bash:

I'm sure they have the tools to turn it into a little eCommerce site and you can sell your wares direct. Looks good Chris!

I'm sure they have the tools to turn it into a little eCommerce site and you can sell your wares direct. Looks good Chris!
I appreciate the opinion of a friend and an expert! There may one day be a TLAR blog, so I can further exhibit my model madness!

Looks good Rhino. Good on ya for taking the plunge. They can be challenging and it gets hard to stay on top of things time wise but they seem to be a necessity these days.

It takes 25 days or so for Google to get around to approving my SEO efforts. All the lingo of website design is alien to me. I feel a little like a lost grouse. I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights after my shitty (?!?) day job.
I hope after I get the site populated, things will get easier. The Airfix 1/72 DH.88 Comet resin cockpit project languishes. Fitting interior Master parts to the old Turd Comet kit seemed like a pain before this. :smack:

Back