• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

To eBay or Not to eBay? That is the question.

Hobby Swap is proving quite successful! I shipped another kit this afternoon! I started including a little bonus item in my sold models, just for the fun of it!

$$ await!
I advise using a PayPal account to streamline payments and shipments. A checking account can be used, but then the banks have to process payments and that seems unsatisfyingly slow to me.

Yes, I do have a Paypal account so that will definitely be used. I don't want to link a checking account to this.

Hobby Swap is gaining momentum! I sold the last 1/700 USCG Island class Cutter set I had in stock to another Chris R in Alabama minutes ago!
I LOVE it when a plan comes together!!:vgood:

Newest from eBay:
I ordered a 1/72 Dora Wings Pilatus Turbo Porter from Poland. The model never came. I requested a refund since the tracking number is a dud.
eBay denied my refund and closed my "Case"

My Appeal:
RR511656913PL

USPS tracking again says this number is untrackable. Delivery was held up because the shipper said "Delivery site is obstructed". Guys, my Mailbox is in FRONT of my HOUSE! (see the picture below)

I theorize the shipper put the wrong address on my order. Why is this MY RESPONSIBILITY!?!
I would be happy to spend my own time and money to pick this up from the shipper. Try tracking the number and tell me WHICH shipper to pick it up from!!! Go ahead. Try tracking this package in the USPS system. TRY IT!!

Are you really choosing to side against a US Customer with my feedback history in this matter? Consider your answer carefully. Multiple social media outlets await either praise or abject disdain for eBay Customer Service practices. Visiting eBay's own customer service guidelines might prove informative for all y'all.

This $37.00 seems like a small amount. The principle of this issue is far greater. .There are plenty of other platforms to shop online around.

My orders from Canada and Ukraine arrived without much fuss.
Getting a cool new airplane model is exciting for me. I don't buy very many models these days. I grow weary of screwing around with this.

You can make up your own mind, but it's looking like eBay is "too big for their boots" to buy from anymore too.

Attachments

• 20220728_164550.jpg
    20220728_164550.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Must have been distracted by those muscadine vines growing all over your mailbox.

Yeah, ebay sucks.
In truth, the picture was taken after I cut back tree limbs and vines. I hate them vines. I chop 'em, spray 'em with herbicide. They grow everywhere anyway. I feel the same way about honeysuckle.

I recently may have caused some "hurt feelings" during an online meeting by wearing a cover with an image of the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia on it. I am told this was a "political symbol". A simple request to please put on a different cap would have been welcomed.
I know we do not "Politick" here on M/A. It is not my wish to do so now or ever.

My concern was about the 1/700 Civil War Confederate navy subjects coming down the ways here. Would Hobby Swap welcome these models for sale on their website? Should I seek to market them elsewhere? I consider the accurate flags included in these kits as historical.
So I asked Mike and Thompson directly. Mike Gripp is a US Marine Corps Afghanistan veteran.

Mike responds:
"Oof! Sounds like a fun group you got caught up in. We don't have a problem with historically accurate markings. We do hold firm in not accepting graybacks as payment, though! Thanks for asking and I'll be looking out for that Yazoo River kit. Ironclads are just cool man!"

Progress goes forward on these subjects. I foresee a promotional "Test Shot" of the 1/700 Yazoo River Dogfight Duo kit in Mike's future!

Wow, that is sad that someone hasn't grown a pair. It's not like the image on the hat was a personal insult directed at anyone! Geez! Grow up already! That symbol was historical; it HAPPENED!! Getting butt hurt by it shows extreme immaturity and intelligence, especially for someone in the modeling hobby where History is modeled...as it HAPPENED!!

This may get deleted, but I just had to say it. I know a good many members here feel the same way. I guess I'm the only one to actually say it. Enjoy it while it's still here.

Back