• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tips on converting an LVT-4 to a -1?

Jeeves

Ok...so having read through Dave Harper's two Project LVTs volumes, I see where he turned an LVT(A)-1 into a -2...which seems pretty straightforward...but going the other way from a -4 to the 1 is a whole other thing...between changing the few compartment to a smaller turreted one...switching the engine position around, etc...my question is has it ever been done? Is it possible to just pick up the Trakz set and build it through that...or are we talking impossible here?? I value your thoughts folks...

It would help if you stated which kit you have... Also, are you referring to the LVT(A)-1 that you want or the LVT-1? The former is a kit from Italeri and the latter (along with an update for the former) is a full resin kit from Trakz.

If AFV Club, simply wait. From the parts break down, other variants using the same lower hull (which excludes the LVT-1) are coming.

Regards,

Sorry...my bad.

I have the 1/35 Cyber Hobby Orange kit with USMC figures. I had plans to pair it along with the Masterpiece Models Japanese steel pillbox until I found out that the pillboxes were really only on Tarawa and I can find no evidence that anything later than an LVT-2 was at Tarawa. So I was wondering if I could make the Trakx conversion kit work. I realize the Trakz set is made to make a -2 from the Italeri LVT(A)-1...but wasn't sure if making a -2 from a -4 could be done...

Going into this...one wouldn't think there would be much difference between a LVT-4 and a LVT(A)4...but one would be wrong what with the whole turret thing...

Back