• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiny pinholes-

Well wax - not candle wax - you can get in a lot of different types. Some are good for filling, others are made for milling or carving and others are made for glueing. Well when I first read an article about wax I dug a little deeper and found that all those dentist model studios are using wax to make the models for your third teeth and what works for them should also work for scale modeling ... and it does, if you ask me.

Not only for filling you also can use it for carving some small add on and alike

The only real thing one have to take care about are the silicone grease inside the wax - so it needs a good cleaning. Once dried out I didn't have any problems with this so far.

just some small examples:

HPIM2594_1_1.jpg

The gray stuff to fill the seams is filling wax

HPIM1278_1.jpg

The red stuff is milling wax - the kit did not have an IP cover delivered

dscf0806_1.jpg

filling wax again to fill in the wheel well of the vac kit

So, there are tons of different possibilities.

if there is any interest I can to do a "How I use wax for modeling"

Once again the Alliance triumphs! I know that German dentist Dr Frank Spahr uses wax in his amazing ship builds- he once made a tiny ice floe with penguins! I have thinned Squadron green with acetone-based nail polish remover- much less toxic thin liquid glue- and smells a lot better, too. That's the problem with operating at half-power- I'm mucking about like an idiot. :gogo

Thanks for all the help and knowledge, friends! :drinks

Back