• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

Having problems with the wing decals. They are very easy, buy some areas dont settle down too well, Also you have to really be aware of your positioning. I have a bit much at the trailing edge on one wing, and not quite enough on the leading edge. Am working on that. I have to get the top wing painted soon and gloss coated so I can decal it and I'm getting so close to finished. Quite excited.

DSC03000.JPG

James

Ahhhh Daaaaadddd!

OK-- seriously...looks great James! Still trying to decide what scheme I will attempt...

That lozenge pattern would make the Smith Brothers proud. (Let's see how many folks get that one) (y)

:pilot

James that looks awesome, another beautiful job as always. :notworthy (y)

looking forward to seeing it in person.

James

Dear James.

...I was missing this one :facepalm ... excelent assembly and painting job :v

...very inspirious for the next Fokker Campaign...

:drinks

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz. It is an awesome kit but very fine tolerances.
As an update I have the top weing painted and gloss coated so can start decaling after work tonight. I have the tail painted and gloss coated so can decal that and maybe assemble . Once I have the lower wing to where I am happy I will glue it on and add the bottom panel and then do the guns, touch up painting and control wires. Its getting close. Pretty happy with how it is turning out too.
James

This is where I am now.

DSC03032.JPG

DSC03030.JPG

DSC03031.JPG

Man that writing is tiny. The Bird and sun symbol is from A.O.W and looks pretty cool. Will let the wing and ailerons dry well then do the top. Then add control horn to tail and attach to a/c. I am really enjoying this right now.
James

Thanks guys. I'm having fun. The hardest part will be the rib tapes. Something like 94 to put on.
James

Back