• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

This is becoming a very nice build blog to reference for whenever I get mine started so thanks for that James...your progress is looking great!

Okay so finished engine. Lost a fairly prominent piece into the ether so definitely this will be buttoned up. So didnt weather or do anything special. The engine mount is very very very (did I mention VERY?) delicate and just the slight pressure I used with my fingers was enough to bend it. The cats fled the room their ears turning red after my epithet. No problems I carefully bent back and was even more careful.
Glued the engine in and then glued the innards into the fuse shells. I only glued the top and will give it a day to cure before I glue the bottom in. Started on the rad and that was it for today. Camera is dead so will get pics when its charged up.

James

Some pics taken 0 dark 30 this morning after the bottom of fuse glued along with the stiching strip.

DSC02962.JPG

DSC02963.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

Should have dull coated the interior lozenge decals in retrospect.
James

Looking fine James, I wouldn't worry about inside at this point, press on!

Great pictures also, new camera?

Coming along nicely now James .

Know what you mean. We only have one cat but He's quite the trainer.

Cheers, Christian

Looking fine James, I wouldn't worry about inside at this point, press on!

Great pictures also, new camera?

No, my old camera, the good one. I've been using a small camera a lot just because it was easier, but I guess this one will have to be used for the quality.
James

Coming along nicely now James .

Know what you mean. We only have one cat but He's quite the trainer.

Cheers, Christian

Yeah we (I) have 2 that are spoiled rotten. One of whom washed my hands at 0300 then climbed on my head and warmed the bald spot while purring the whole time. Finally gave in and got moving at 0400. Now that I have to go to work she's crawled back in bed in my spot ;)
James

Back