• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Mainly28s Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10

Mainly28s

Aaaalrighty, then. Let's see how I do at this!
h902ea5f_2014-02-03.jpg

Here's where I start my 1:48 Revell Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10 (no 04532).

Please be gentle- it's my first plastic kit in absolute ages. I plan to do it straight out of the box, although I may decide to use different decals.
I'll be brush-painting, and may have to adapt the odd colour as I go, as I don't have a local hobby-shop, so I'll be using what I have available in my collection. It may offend the purists, but it's intended to be more of a "getting back on the bicycle" build than anything really serious.

(y) Sounds like a great idea! It will give those rivet counters something to think about hahaha (good we don't have any here though :good: ).

I have a revell 109 to but in 1/32 but i will keep an eye on this one for sure :)

:popcorn

//Mats

They are here Mats, they are just lurking, waiting for the perfect time to strike...

Good start Olaf :popcorn

Excellent, Olaf, good to see you jumping-in... took me a couple of months before I got in to my first campaign here.

And yet another late 109.... Excellent !!

Ian

Since I am building one of these kits right now I will be watching this with interest.

I have built four of these kits before and the only thing to be wary of is the wing dihedral, as built out of the box these kits usually end up with the wings too flat looking, the good news is some sanding of the wing roots on the fuselage before the wing is attached will easily take care of the problem just dry fit often so you don't remove too much plastic.

Matrixone

Well, baby steps...

I've just finished the cockpit tub, done a paint-job in dark grey (yeah, I know- not RLM-approved, but it'll do for my purpose for now), and picket out the instruments in black.
Assembled the two fuselage halves, and added filler along the seams.
hcae8ef2.jpg

Once the filler's dry, I'll sand the seam, and re-scribe any panel lines that are ruined.

(y)

Baby steps are also steps! :soldier

Looking good, the cockpit colour is a real problem to get right, i searched info for my Stuka and i gave up and did something that i thought looked good :geek

//Mats

Looking good there Mainly28s.

BTW, while looking through my reference books I found a 109 paint scheme that might interest you, there was several late war 109s that were finished in a solid dark green over light blue/gray and since you don't use an airbrush this type of scheme might be easier to brush paint. I have seen models before that were dry-brush painted with a mottled finish and they looked really good but it must have been difficult to do.

Matrixone

Give me some time to locate that information again and I will post it here. Having a large amount of reference books is a blessing but sometimes its hard to remember which book had the information I wanted to look at again. :gogo
Having six models underway all at once does not help either. ;)

Matrixone

I found the photographs of the overall green painted upper surfaces on the G-10's, sadly those aircraft are all Erla built Bf 109G-10's and you can't really make that out of the Revell G-10 kit.

Matrixone

Well, I've made a little progress in spite of being somewhat disheartened by circumstances in real life.
I've completed assembly of the fuselage, wings and tail section. The prop, spinner, canopy and intake still need to be tidied up and added. I'm still wondering if I should attach the drop tank or not.

I've also decided on a colour-scheme. I wasn't originally terribly keen on it, but it's kind of grown on me. It's one of the options from the kit, but I think I may do white 6 instead of white 9 just to make it my own.
It's an all-RLM76 machine of JG1, based at Anklam in November 1944.

hb092904.jpg

hde2a82b.jpg

Looking good (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
That scheme is kind of bland, but I can see how it would grow on one. Would be interesting to weather it I think.
James

PS Hope things get better for you.

Back