• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'The Learning Curve' Campaign - Poll now up....

Well first-up, as long as it's fix-able... no harm done. Second, I kicked-this-off and didn't even realise, must have something to do with my living twelve hours in the future !!, so appreciate you owning-up to something I didn't even know about :S .

Is it all repaired now, or do you need to do some more work on it ??

Ian

Well,people have to vote AGAIN even tho they did vote in the past.
Sorry Ian,it will not happen again.

Gr,Ron.

FOR EVERYONE THAT VOTED IN "THE LEARNING CURVE" CAMPAIGN!:

I screwed up the voting results by reseting it,... :bang head :bang head :bang head so Please vote again!

A BIG SORRY for the frustration that I am causing.
Mea culpa,mea maxima culpa! :blush:

Gr,Ron.
Hahahahahaha For once it was not the resident IT guy :rotf

You mean the one who can accidentally reset your password??

:rotf

Like I said Ron, it's not like you deleted 60 of your most active posters... :blink :blush: :D

OK, voted "YES" this time. All to funny, one of the train forums I'm on a guy accidentally deleted himself :facepalm

OK, voted "YES" this time. All to funny, one of the train forums I'm on a guy accidentally deleted himself :facepalm

:facepalm :rotf

I laugh...I know he got that warning "You sure you want to do this?" followed up with the "You really sure you want to do this?" :rotf :rotf

I'm totally amazed that this one hasn't drawn more takers, is it the title that is putting folks off ? Certainly not the lack of subjects or markings for them !

Me too (obviously)... !!
Maybe a title change to make it less 'grey', more specific. OD I'll contact you a wee bit later when I'm back on the PC... I'm rubbish on a mobile.

Ian.

'The Learning Curve' Campaign

Just trying to gauge opinion at the moment, Dave, I'll put one up on Saturday afternoon my time and we'll take it from there, OK ??

Ian
I just found out a few days ago I am aparently getting the new 1/32 Texan for a birthday present from a friend in the states I really REALLY want to build the SA Harvard trainer option in the box.

Man i'd like to see this Dave (y) :ro:

Bumpity bump, come on guys think out of the box here, a lot of planes you might not think of as being designed as trainers were used s such.

While it had many uses, training RAF crews was one of its main ones

ansonbox.jpg

And many other British, German and American planes were used as trainers once they were replaced in combat by newer types...

The Fairey Battle once proven to be a failure in its planned role finished the war as a target tow

battlebox.jpg

Ditto the Boulton Paul Defiant

defiantbox.jpg

Many of the P-70s that were built never left the states and were used to train crews that were to get the P-61 when it is was ready

p70box.jpg

So if the idea of building just a nondescript trainer is holding you back there are other options.

That's the way to promote it Gary, they'll come around. I'm still holding out for my 1941/Movie prop build. (y)

Heck here in Oregon they used B-17s, B-24s, P-38s, P-39s, and P-63s for training. So if you can think of a plane type it was probably used for training. (y)

You're right Ryan, around here I know they had the B25B models for training. :pilot

:dude Just two more votes needed and we can get this one away.... c'mon folks, please get behind this, you know it makes sense....

(y)

Ian

I was thinking about this the other day. At Lowry AFB in 1983 they had load trainers in the "Black Shack" and "Sac Shack", trainers of all the then current aircraft in inventory. At the SAC Shack they had a B-52D, B-52F and an F-111. They were pretty much gutted of anything that didn't have to do with the weapon systems. Think about the BUFFs though, the wings were clipped between the weapon's pylon and engine pylon and the rudder was removed. I thought that would be an interesting "Trainer" to build up. Probably would do it in one of the little scales, if I did it.

Back