• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Blitzkrieg" GROUP BUILD 11 PLAYERS NEED 10

Looks like your faith in me paid off Terry! I was finally able to grab a Dewoitine off of eBay for less than $35! Every auction I entered always shot up towards $40...must be lots o' demand for that little bugger! Now hopefully I can grab the PE for under $5!

You all realize Blitzkrieg was a term used by the English press to describe Germany's early fast movement into Poland and France? So what ever we build has to be 1939 or older right?

Someone will refute this, so I'm posting a source- this is NOT to start an argument. Matthew Cooper 'The German Army 1933-1945' pages 115-116. He gives the credit to Time magazine in Sept '39 with first publishing the word in reference to Germany's quick early victory's. CR

When is this due?

Gentlemen,
I know what mean term "Blitzkrieg". I have read this topic the beginning and I saw that the information appearing on campaigns from Poland to Greece. However Barbarossa was off (as if it was the last campaign of Blitzkrieg). I wanted to make sure whether the group is limited only to the Germans and their campaigns in this period (and their opponents), or covers all the fighting in 1939-41.

For example i can join with:
Soviet I-16 - Winter War 1939-40
Luftwaffe Bf-109E-7 - Malta 1940-41
RAF Hurricane Mk.I - Malta 1940-41
RA MC.200 or Fiat CR.42 - Malta 1940-41

and of course PZL P-37B "Los" - Polish AF, September 1939 :)

Gentlemen,
I know what mean term "Blitzkrieg". I have read this topic the beginning and I saw that the information appearing on campaigns from Poland to Greece. However Barbarossa was off (as if it was the last campaign of Blitzkrieg). I wanted to make sure whether the group is limited only to the Germans and their campaigns in this period (and their opponents), or covers all the fighting in 1939-41.

For example i can join with:
Soviet I-16 - Winter War 1939-40
Luftwaffe Bf-109E-7 - Malta 1940-41
RAF Hurricane Mk.I - Malta 1940-41
RA MC.200 or Fiat CR.42 - Malta 1940-41

and of course PZL P-37B "Los" - Polish AF, September 1939 :)

Here is the area indicated:

poland, france, denmark, norway, balkans, greece and crete would be the candidates for this then! africa's another story and soviet union was no blitz!

So Malta yes Russia no

B)

maybe not with you- but this is a very broad subject, alot happened in Europe those first 14 months.

stash.JPG

The hannomag and the cycle- I know the BMW is early enough, but the 251/1? It has the flat front, not the double angled front. Is this the right era? I need to get some of this stash stock done. lol

Gene Simmons would not fit, the BMW would, settled. Do the BMW on a polish road side somewhere and you're golden.

:popcorn

Genes jewish, it could work!

I was wondering about the car, I'm not sure that model was around in 39. If so I'll do both- the cycle is one tree, one small tree.

That halftrack represents an Ausf C which was introduced in late 1941 so you will not find it in Poland, France, and so on. The A & B were used. Zvezda Models makes the Ausf B.

Regards,

Back