• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Australian SAS salutes Platoon Update 10/25/10

DioRandy

Okay, Here we go! The "Charlie Don't Surf" GB has officially begun.
This will be my largest project to date. It will include Academy's M113 with Legends Accessory Set and Fruilmodel tracks; all of Bravo 6's Platoon and Australian SAS figures and Evolution's American Marines Vietnam. Throw in Pegasus Hobbies' Sandbags, Verlinden's C-rations and a few other extras I just ordered today.
A year to build seems like a long time right now, but I'm sure I'll still be dashing to complete it next June.
Peace and Love
DioRandy
CharlieDontSurfPregame.jpg

Re: The Australian SAS salutes Platoon

You're gonna need a year with all that stuff, looking forward to this Randy.

By the way folks, if you have not noticed Randy will be the Group Build moderator helping us all keep in line so, just watch your self around here now...

Oooooh a Moderator Initiation , where did I put my Paddle :) .

Good luck with the build Randy and thanks for helping out with the moderating duties ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

Hey, gang
This is all Bob Letterman's fault. He suggested I visit this site and now I actually have responsibilities. Thanks, Bob!
DioRandy

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon

you asked for it you got more than wanted! hehehehehehehehehe

paddlin' :woohoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgR0m-9FmM&feature=player_embedded

that will be a great dio i look forward to to be realized!

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/10/10

:woohoo: Okay, here we go!
I figured I'd start with the figures, which represent, in my opinion, some of the most well-sculpted, highest quality and imaginative figures I've ever seen.
First, we have Bravo 6's Platoon series, featuring the uncanny likenesses of the characters in the movie.
Second, follows Bravo-6's Australian SAS series, highlighted by the figure flying the single-finger salute.
Third, Bravo-6's AFV crew. The driver may lose out in this dio, since he probably won't be seen, except, possibly, from an aerial view with the hatch open.
And, last, but not least, the two equally impressive figures from Evolution. As you can see, they blend right in with the Bravo-6 figures. The figures in the middle are from Bravo-6's Platoon series.
Platioon.jpg

AussieSAS.jpg

Bravo-6AFV.jpg

EvolutionandBravo-6.jpg

IMG_0443-1.jpg

:blink Peace and Love, DioRandy

:blink

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/10/10

Looking forward to your treatment on these guys Randy.

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/15/10

Hey, guys
Well, another birthday and another hangover have come and gone. But a splendid time was guarenteed for all, especially, me!
My new Tanks and Things t-shirt arrived, along with some additional accessories for my Charlie Don't Surf build.
From left to right, is the VP Super Value pack of 30 and 50-caliber ammo cases; the VP Palm Plants' set; the VP Vietnam Camp Ground Outfit; and, the VP DUKW Cargo Set.
Below, is, obviously, a Tanks and Things t-shirt, which I intend on wearing to this Saturday's IPMS Northern Illinois Model Contest in Crystal Lake, Illinois.
Peace and Love
Birthday.jpg

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/17/10

Hello, again
I purchased some more accessories for my Charlie Don't Surf build while attending the IPMS Northern Illinois Model Contest today.
From left to right: Crushed Jerry Cans and Motor Pool Oil Dispensing Unit from Armand P. Bayardi; Custom Dioramics' Outhouse; US Ammo Crates for small arms and 4.2" motor and 20mm ammo belt boxes, also from Armand P. Bayardi.
Peace and Love, DioRandy
Outhouse.jpg

you should post these in the Latest Acquisitions thread as well. nice additions to the stash.. wait, you plan on using them rather quickly!

Regards,

Randy, I missed this tee shirt post, your PM makes more sense now. How is the Tee shirt, good quality? Thanks for purchasing it and make sure you get a picture of you in it at he show. but I guess you're at the show now so...

Charlie Don't Surf: The Build Begins

Hey, gang
I've begun to slop some paint on these amazing Bravo-6 figures. I hope they come to life, especially since Jenny just told me that Vladimir Demchenko, the creator and sculptor of the Bravo-6 series of figures, has recently joined the Tanks and Things family.
Now that's pressure.
Helmets1.jpg

Helmets2.jpg

Helmets3.jpg

Helmets3.jpg

Helmets4.jpg

Bravo-6Front-1.jpg

Bravo-6Back.jpg

lookin good DR... how ya like those B-6 figures ?? I haven't messed with them yet, but this whole build has refueled the nam era stuff with Me... been going through the cache of nam era kits I've been collecting over the years... got alot of the hobby fan nam figures, but haven't touched the B-6 figs yet.

Looking forward to seeing this come to life. great paint work so far!!!

Randy,

Wow, lots of progress. I really like the way the figs are coming along.

dave

Thanks, guys
Bravo-6 decimates all that came before! The likenesses of the Platoon characters is uncanny in 1/35 scale. They're a pleasure to build and paint. I only hope I do them justice.
Peace and Love, DioRandy

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/20/10

Hey, gang

What did I do while the site was down? Why, I began building an outhouse, what else?
I took a break from the Bravo-6 figures and tore into the Custom Dioramic's Outhouse I picked up at last weekend's Northern Illinois Model Contest.The quality appears good, but for the amount of sawing I've already done to remove the parts from the sprue, I could have scratch built it out of genuine wood. And, as you can see, a few of the Bravo-6 guys took a tumble as the result of my relentless sawing.
Now, I need to buy a new, sharper saw (with a handle), to attempt the more delicate, close-in combat required to remove what's left of the sprue from the parts.

Peace and Love, Randy

Outhouse1.jpg

Outhouse2.jpg

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/21/10

Well, I bought a couple of saws and a handle and started playing carpenter, again.

IMG_0547.jpg

I slapped the ol' outhouse together to check the fit. It needs a little work.

IMG_0548.jpg

Wow! Those Aussies pack a punch. :woohoo:

IMG_0550.jpg

Peace and Love,
DioRandy

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 7/21/10

Looks good Randy! I've got to get some of those figures they look great.

Terry B)

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon 8/25/10

Hey, gang
Well, it's been over a month since my last update, but I'm on vacation this week and I've made a little progress. The final two Bravo-6 figures and the two Evolution Miniatures' figures are now wearing their base coats. I still have a final wash or two to go and most of the weapons, grenades and, of course, the skin tones, but the bulk of the figure work is complete.
I may move on to Academy's APC for a change of pace. Terry's ACAV will be a tough act to follow, so I think I'll just add the aftermarket accessories I've got and leave it at that.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Group.jpg

Re:The Australian SAS salutes Platoon Update 8/25/10

Lookin good Randy!! WOW all those figures can't wait to see them finished.

Terry B)

Back