• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Australian SAS salutes Platoon Update 10/25/10

Re: The Australian SAS salutes Platoon Update 1/19/11

Resurrected from the depths of completed campaigns. You have the forum Randy. :popcorn

It's true what they say, nothing worth doing comes easy.
Just when I was getting back into the swing of things, I experienced some technical difficulties.
It took me a while to round up the various bits and pieces I had amassed for this project. I couldn't have packed them all up in one box. That would have made it too easy. As a result, there are numerous half-opened boxes scattered across the basement floor.
I think I found them all, but then some of my photographic equipment came up missing. I can't find the cable that connects the camera to the laptop and the software disc that's required to make it work. Useless without them. Fortunately, I was able to download the software for free, but I think I'm going to have to buy another cable.
I'm using one of six outdated Dell laptops that my former boss told me to take to the recycling center. I donated them to a buddy who owns a computer repair shop and he refurbished one for me in return. I hope he wipes them clean of any corporate secrets before reselling them. It works just as good as the one I have with all the bells and whistles and I can take it anywhere. It's a compact version that fits neatly in my lap.
Well, time to plop down in front of the work bench and get after it. By the way, the bench is a cardboard box placed in front of the couch in my new man cave. Sanctuary!!!!

Success!
I was able to buy a new interface cable for the camera today. It only cost me $12.00.
And, as you can see, I spared no expense on a new work bench. Nothing but the best for the new man cave. Now, I just have to dig through that plastic tub to find the vintage paint - hope it's still good - and I can start on those aftermarket items on the work bench.
You can also tell that I've dug out my vintage turntable. That's why the Pretender's debut album is perched on the couch. I'm ready to blow the roof off this sucker while I'm modeling.
h9000b89_2015-09-24.JPG

Back